Masala kachori -A flaky and spicy stuffed kachori from Gujarat
Masala Kachori is a very popular snack from Gujarat . It stys well for almost a month . It is a ideal snack to make before festivals and to carry along while travelling. These Masala kachoris can be served as dry snack with tea ,just serve with mint and date tamarind chutney.
Masala kachori also taste awesome as chaat – just slightly crush or break the kachori and add some boiled potato pieces , some beaten yogurt , date tamarind chutney and mint chutney over it and Enjoy as kachori chaat.
You may also like these recipes-
- Mysore Bonda/ Goli Baje
- Ginger Chutney
- Aloe vera ke Namak pare
- Moong Daal Kachori
- Strawberry Jam
- Aloo Parwal Sabzi
- Falafel Sandwich
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gujrati masala kachori (spicy, stuffed indian snack)
For making dough
- 1 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds /til
- 3 tbsp Gram flour / Besan roasted
- 1 tbsp Dry coconut grated
- 1 pinch Clove powder
- 1 pinch Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Fennel powder/ Pisi Saunf
- 2 tbsp Roasted and crushed peanut powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tbsp Boora/ powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- Mix flour,salt ,ghee and oil ,add just sufficient water to make a medium soft dough.cover and rest for 15 minutes
- Dry roast sesame.gram flour and peanut powder.
- Mix all ingredients for stuffing,oil is added for binding the spices,if it feels too dry then add 1 more t.s of oil.but don’t add water
- Knead the flour again ,and make lemon size ball from the dough and keep aside.
- Take a walnut size ball, roll a little and stuff 1/2 t.s of mixture into it ,close well and roll again into a thick poori.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the pooris on low heat till golden brown in colour.drain on tissue paper and serve.
serve with gravy wali aloo ki subzi OR stuff kachori with beaten salted curd and tamrind and green chutney.
Note-These kachoris remain fresh for minimum 10 days.