Moong daal chips – A fried snack of yellow lentil and wheat flour with spiced yoghurt dip
- Yellow lentil (moong daal)-2 tbls
- Wheat flour-1 cup
- Semolina-2 tbls
- Cumin powder-1 t.s
- Sesame seeds-1 t.s
- Lemon juice-1.5 t.s
- Oil-3 tbls
- Fresh coriander-2 tbls
- Sugar-1 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Soak moong daal for 2 hours and then grind into a paste.
- Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix well .
- Add daal paste and mix, add water if needed,and make a medium hard dough.
- Make balls from the dough and roll to make a thin chapati.
- Cut into thin and long stripes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these chips in batches on medium heat till golden brown.
Cool and store in a airtight jar.
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds-1/4 t.s
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4 t.s
- Cumin seeds-1/4 t.s
- Fennel seeds-1/2 t.s
- Green chilli-1
- Fresh coriander-1 tbls
- Sugar-1/2 t.s
- Salt-a pinch of
- Dry roast all the seeds on low flame and then grind to make a fine powder.
- Beat curd and add chopped green chilli ,coriander,sugar ,salt and 1/2 t.s ground masala powder.
- Let it chilli for 15 minutes then serve with moong daal chips.
- You can add this spice mix in any raita to enhance the flavour .
Moong Daal Chips with Achari dip
Servings: 3 people
tried it today. Just perfect recipe!!!
wow..great tea time snack!!
Congrats on your award too,wishing many more..
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns
Wat a fabulous and super crispy chips,i dont mind having it anytime.
Kalpana Sareesh says
Gayathri NG says
Delicious n crunchy snack, yummy dip…
great n healthy snack…looks very appetizing!! Bookmarked to try!
Congrats on the award… Love these chips. we make chips with maida. making with wheat sounds interesting.. also the addition of dal… loved the dip as well. Will taste good as a dip for carrots as well
Lovely.. as always!
Spice up the Curry says
this is looking delicious. i would love to have this plate while watching movie
wow….super yummy snack…..bookmarked this
wow very yummy and delicious
moong dal chips this looks great anjana
really appetizing 😉
Hamaree Rasoi says
Just the kind of starter I was looking forward to prepare. Thanks for sharing this.
dall'Italia un caloroso…ciao