Beguni / Baigan pakoda -Batter coated deep fried Aubergine fritters topped with tangy salsa
Beguni /baigan pakora or baigan fry is a very popular snack in India,specially in Bengal. Brinjal slices are coated/dipped in spiced gram flour batter and then deep fried in mustard oil or any refined oil.
I often serve these with ketchup or mint chutney,but yesterday I tried a slightly different way to serve this Baigan Pakoda,which looks good,tempting and taste delicious.You can roast the tomato and capsicum and then peel and chop to get the smoky flavour in your salsa.
Try these delicious street food of India-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Beguni with Tangy Salsa Topping , Baigan Pakora
Beguni/ Baigan pakoda -Aubergine fritters topped with tangy salsa
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Brinjals / Baingan
- 1/2 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot / Corn Flour / Tapkir
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- a pinch Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 1 tsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2.5 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Cabbage / Patta Gobhi chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1/3 tsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/4 tsp Sugar / Chini
- a pinch Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Oregano
- Deseed tomato and chop all vegetables in small pieces
- Now mix all the spices and vegetables (for salsa) in tomato ketchup.
- Wash and make thin roundal of brinjals .
- Take a bowl add gram flour, corn flour, salt,chili powder and ajwain.
- Mix and add water to make a medium thick batter.
- Whisk well for a minute.
- Dip brinjal roundals in the batter and deep fry in hot oil on medium heat
- Arrange the fritters on a serving platter.
- Place a spoonful of salsa on the fritters.
- Garnish with corn kernels and coriander leaf.
- serve and enjoy with a hot cup of tea:)
Ez Cookbook says
lov to have this …neat presentation…
Looks tempting and super inviting.
mmmmmmmm…….amazing and delicious..lovely snack dish…..
nice fusion…sounds very refreshing n yummy…good idea!!
variety n new recipe….yummy
What a super idea!
Divya Pramil says
Nice click 🙂 Looks so yummy!!
Today's Recipe – Chicken Coconut Milk Curry
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
Saraswathi Tharagaram says
Fitters are my Favorite..Specially during rainy season..Salas is new combo to enjoy..
Nice idea, good way to give a twist to a regular bhjiya!
super delcious.. brinjal is my fav, will definitely try it..
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Rashida shaikh says
I like the new combo and especially addition of salsa is making it big hit…
Hamaree Rasoi says
What a way to decorate begunis. Delicious and lovely preparation.
Woow looks yummy
this looks very delicious
Santosh Bangar says
Now Serving says
Shobha Kamath says
Wow! I love baigan fry and I love salsa. So the combo is Super!
very creative 🙂 liked this idea..
Archana Potdar says
Looks absolutely delicious. I want some.
I am hosting WTML All through August’12. Do send me your entries
A perrrfect fusion.. A nice twist to Bong traditional recipe.
Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj says
different n look so delicious..
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
new way to serve bhajiya or fritters
looks really good