Beguni / Baigan pakoda -Batter coated deep fried Aubergine fritters topped with tangy salsa
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Beguni with Tangy Salsa Topping , Baigan Pakora
- 1 Brinjals / Baingan
- 1/2 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot / Corn Flour / Tapkir
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- a pinch Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 1 tsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2.5 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Cabbage / Patta Gobhi chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1/3 tsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/4 tsp Sugar / Chini
- a pinch Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Oregano
- Deseed tomato and chop all vegetables in small pieces
- Now mix all the spices and vegetables (for salsa) in tomato ketchup.
- Wash and make thin roundal of brinjals .
- Take a bowl add gram flour, corn flour, salt,chili powder and ajwain.
- Mix and add water to make a medium thick batter.
- Whisk well for a minute.
- Dip brinjal roundals in the batter and deep fry in hot oil on medium heat
- Arrange the fritters on a serving platter.
- Place a spoonful of salsa on the fritters.
- Garnish with corn kernels and coriander leaf.
- serve and enjoy with a hot cup of tea:)