★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Corn Kachori ,Spicy Corn Puffs
Delicious kachori stuffed with corn mixture
Servings: 6 people
- 1.5 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 3 tbsp Pressed rice/poha
- 2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- Grind corn kernals coarsly in the mixer and finely chop green chilies .
- Wash thick poha in a colander and keep aside .(wash only once )
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and asafoetida,when cumin start crackling,add chopped green chilies.saute for few seconds.
- Now add crushed corn and grated ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add poha and all the spices and saute till mixture dries up
- Now add chopped coriander and mix well.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Dough-In a bowl add refined flour,semolina ,oil and salt,rub and mix well.
- Now add water and make a soft dough,cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough, then take a ball and flatten it slightly and stuff 2 tsp of mixture in it.
- Pull all the sides and close properly and make a neat ball.
- Dust with little flour and roll the ball slightly to make a medium thick round disc.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the kachori’s on medium heat till golden in colour.
- fry 2 or 3 kachori’s at a time,don’t crowd the pan otherwise they will not puff up well.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
Serving suggestions- Serve with Potato Curry, Yogurt and Chutney.
Hi Aunty, thank you so much for this satvic blog! After getting married, it has helped me cook many meals for my VERY picky husband.
I just made these kachoris for the very first time and they tasted awesome and have nice, crispy outer shell. My only problem was closing the kachoris. I had a lot of dough at the closing point. Besides that these were great.
Thank you So Much Shweta !Glad you liked the kachori,regarding the closing part,it will improve after few trials,don’t roll it too much before stuffing 🙂
Dear Aunty . First of all I must admit you are a saviour . Over the years my cooking has improved thanks to you . I have tried corn kachori recipe couple of times but my kachori doesn’t puff up . Can you please advise what should I do .
Thank You so much Pooja 🙂
if the kachoris are not puffing up then add a pinch of baking soda in the stuffing,it will surely help.
Pari Cash says
hi mam, katchories looks mouthwatering. I would love to try them and thanks for linking them to my event. I love the name of your blog. it reminds me my MAAYEKA
Very different filling, looks very tempting..
Ummu Azi says
Tempting delicious Kachoris 🙂
Kalpana Sareesh says
Join my ongoing event Fast & Quick Healthy Dishes Event
Crispy beauties, feel like having a cup of coffee.
never made kachori… has been in my to do list for a while. you have made it sooo good
@Manasi you can defrost the frozen corn and then keep on a cloth napkin and then pulse in the mixer,you just need a coarse paste,poha is added to make the mixture dry.whole corn will come out while rolling ..
My.. these are tempting!
I usually have frozen corn kernels on hand, those do not lend well to pulsing in a mixie, can they be used whole?
Archana Potdar says
Wow these are yum. I love kachori the kids love corn. Thanks.
I am hosting Kids Delight from 16th Nov to 15th Dec’2012 . Do send me your entries
Rumana Ambrin says
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Very inviting Kachoris….wish I could have some
Vimitha Anand says
Very tempting and crispy khachoris
Aruna Manikandan says
looks delicious and tempting 🙂
Faseela Noushad says
Super yummy kachori
Sangeetha Nambi says
Lip smacking snacker…
Suman Arthy says
I love the corn stuffing in the kachori.. perfect with imli chutney!
Perfect weather to munch kachoris,love it!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey
Reshmi Mahesh says
Tempting delicious corn kachori…