Rajgiri ka paratha- Indian Flat Bread made with Amaranth flour,mashed potatoes and few spices-Vrat ka paratha
Rajgiri ka paratha- Navratri has started and we all are busy in the celebrations,many people fast during navratri and eat only special food as during fasting grains and legumes are prohibited ,there are few vegetables and flours which are used during fasting.
Most of the flours flours used during Navratri are gluten free .-Rajgiri/Amaranth flour,Kuttu ka ataa/Buckwheat flour, Sabudana /sago, Samu/ Barnyarn Millet, Singhora /water chestnut flour are few among the favourite fasting foods.
All the tuber vegetables are used i.e Potato,Sweet potatao/shakar kand,Taro root/Arbi ,Yam/suran ,Pumpkin /kaddu are the widely used vegetables.
To make Rajgiri ka paratha we have to add boiled and mashed potatoes ,yogurt and spices in rajgiri flour and make a medium soft dough ,which is then rolled and shallow fried like normal paratha.
If you are looking for more fasting recipes/vrat ka khana then check-
- Rajgiri ki poori
- Aam papad chutney
- Aloo ka halwa ,
- Sama patties
- Sabudana thalipeeth
- Masala Sabudana Khichdi
Rajgiri ka Paratha / Gluten Free Amaranth Flour Bread
- 1.5 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 1/2 cup Potatoes / Aloo Boiled and Mashed
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Sendha Namak /Rock Salt to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now add little warm water and mix and mash all to make a medium soft dough.
- Now take a thick polythene and apply same oil on it.
- Take a medium size ball from the dough and dust with dry amaranth flour.
- Now put the ball on the polythene and press with your palm to spred it slightly.
- Apply some oil on the rolling pin and roll to make a medium thick paratha/disc.
- You can also place a polythen piece over the ball if you feel difficult to roll it.
- Now lift the paratha and place it on a medium hot griddle/tawa.
- Dry roast from both the sides till some golden spot appears on both the sides
- Now apply some oil or ghee on both the sides and cook on medium flame.
- Gently press the paratha with a spoon or flat spatula to get a nice golden colour.
- Remove from the griddle/tawa and serve hot.
1-You can also make this paratha by using kuttu atta/buckwheat flour or singhora atta/water chest nut flour instead of Rajgiri flour.method and ingredients will be same.
2- You may substitute boiled potato with boiled and mashed taro root,potato or taro root are added to give binding to this gluten free flour and makes it pliable .