Achari Paneer Tikka- Marinated and fried cottage cheese and capsicum snack
Paneer tikka is an all time favorite which ever way you make it.There are so many marinade and coating to make paneer tikka.
How To make paneer tikka
The first and most important thing is to get fresh and soft paneer,I often make paneer at home when ever I make paneer tikka .There are so many ways to make paneer tikkas.
Some people prefer to roast it on open flame/bbq, some prefer to shallow fry it or grill in oven.I have tried all the methods to make panner tikkas and liked all, it all depends upon the time and availability.
Today I am sharing the quickest way of making paneer tikka -by deep frying,but you can easily make this directly on open flame or shallow fry in little oil or grill in oven.
The marinade of paneer tikka also depends on the taste or preference of every individuals,but main ingredients are -a binding agent -either gram flour,corn flour or even bread crumbs, some yogurt,few strong spices to add flavor like mint ,kasoori methi , carom seeds/ajwain, chili powder .
To add some sourness add lemon juice or chat masala.You can also add boiled potatoes,broccoli,cauliflower,mushroom,zucchini,baby corn ,tofu etc.
You may also like these delicious Recipe-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Achari Paneer Tikka, How to Make Panner Tikka
- 8 Cubes Cottage cheese / Paneer (Paneer ) - Cubed
- 8 Cubes Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 8 Cubes Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1.5 tsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi Thick
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- to taste Salt / Namak
- In a bowl add yogurt,corn flour,mustard oil,pickle masala,1/2 tsp lemon juice,chili powder and salt.
- Mix well and add paneer cubes and cover and let it rest for 30 Min.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the paneer cubes to a nice golden colour.
- Now add the capsicum pieces in the remaining marinade and fry in hot oil.
- Drain and keep aside(no need to give a golden colour to capsicum and tomatoes, fry till they retain their original colour)
- Now add tomato pieces in the marinade and deep fry (you don't need much batter to coat the capsicum and tomato,just little batter is enough to give taste and flavour)
- Arrange one capsicum,one paneer and one tomato piece in a toothpick,repeat this with all the pieces.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and lemon juice and serve.
- Serving suggestion-serve with mint yogurt dip or ketchup.
1-Instead of deep frying you can also shallow fry them in a nonstick pan or arrange in a skewer and directly roast over flame /BBQ or roast in a hot oven.
2- You may also add tofu,mushrooms,cubed boiled potatoes or cauliflower florets.
3- If you don't have readymade pickle masala then use some pickle masala from your favourite pickle.
This cool look so flavorful, delicious?
Thank you !
For how long can we refrigerate Paneer in the freezer?
Ones I tried Paneer Tikka but the Paneer was powdered.
You can keep it dipped in a bowl of water then it will stay fresh for a week in the refrigerator.if you keep it in the freezer then after you thaw it dip it in Lukeworm water for 1/2 hour then use
Manjula Krishna says
I have tried the recipe yesterday, anjana mam and it turned out to be delicious. Thank u.
Thank you Manjula !glad you liked it 🙂
Disha Shengale says
so perfectly presented <3 and i must say, your website logo is so good..really impressed
thank you so much for the wonderful recipe 🙂
Thank You Disha !!
this dish is quick to make and yummy in taste. Perfect to serve as starter in a party.
Megha Das says
I loved this dish. It looks soooo delicious and moreover a perfect dish for monsoon.
This dish looks so delightfully flavorful!
Yes Ishita you can easily grill them instead of frying
Looks lovely. I could also grill the entire stick, right instead of deep frying?
Roha Khan says
It is a very tempting recipe but I want to know when to add pickle masala since its not mentioned in the procedure 😀
I am a new bride so excuse me if the question sounds stupid.
Hamaree Rasoi says
Even my all time paneer preparation is paneer tikka. Yours look amazingly delicious.
Veena Theagarajan says
so tasty addictive snack