Marinated and fried cottage cheese and capsicum snackPaneer tikka is an all time favourite which ever way you make it.There are so many marinade and coating to make paneer tikka.
To make paneer tikka-The first and most important thing is to get fresh and soft paneer,I often make paneer at home when ever I make paneer tikka .There are so many ways to make paneer tikkas.some prefer to roast it on open flame/bbq, some prefer to shallow fry it or grill in oven.I have tried all the methods to make panner tikkas and liked all, it all depends upon the time and availability.
Today I am sharing the quickest way of making paneer tikka -by deep frying,but you can easily make this directly on open flame or shallow fry in little oil or grill in oven.
The marinade of paneer tikka also depends on the taste or preference of every individuals,but main ingredients are -a binding agent -either gram flour,corn flour or even bread crumbs, some yogurt,few strong spices to add flavour like mint ,kasoori methi ,carom seeds/ajwain, chili powder and to add some sourness add lemon juice or chat masala.
You can also add boiled potatoes,broccoli,cauliflower,mushroom,zucchini,baby corn ,tofu etc.
Achari Paneer Tikka, How to Make Panner Tikka
- 8 Cubes Cottage cheese / Paneer (Paneer ) - Cubed
- 8 Cubes Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 8 Cubes Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1.5 tsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi Thick
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- to taste Salt / Namak
- In a bowl add yogurt,corn flour,mustard oil,pickle masala,1/2 tsp lemon juice,chili powder and salt.
- Mix well and add paneer cubes and cover and let it rest for 30 Min.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the paneer cubes to a nice golden colour.
- Now add the capsicum pieces in the remaining marinade and fry in hot oil.
- Drain and keep aside(no need to give a golden colour to capsicum and tomatoes, fry till they retain their original colour)
- Now add tomato pieces in the marinade and deep fry (you don't need much batter to coat the capsicum and tomato,just little batter is enough to give taste and flavour)
- Arrange one capsicum,one paneer and one tomato piece in a toothpick,repeat this with all the pieces.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and lemon juice and serve.
- Serving suggestion-serve with mint yogurt dip or ketchup.
1-Instead of deep frying you can also shallow fry them in a nonstick pan or arrange in a skewer and directly roast over flame /BBQ or roast in a hot oven.
2- You may also add tofu,mushrooms,cubed boiled potatoes or cauliflower florets.
3- If you don't have readymade pickle masala then use some pickle masala from your favourite pickle.