Samek Ke Chawal ka uttapam- Sago barnyarn millet and potato pancakes -food for fasting
Sama ke chawal ke uttapam- /samu /varai or Barnyan millet is a seed ,which is very easily available in Indian stores.It is quite small in size and round in shape,almost similar to thick semolina.It is a complex carbs and rich in fibre so can be easily used on daily basis.It absorb a good quantity of water so is quite filling.I often make sama ke chawal for fasting.
In North India it is mainly used during fasting as grains ,lentils and rice are not consumed during fasting,fox tail millet,sago,water chestnut flour are few commonly used seeds or millet which are used during fasting.there are many recipes to make with samu.This sama ke chawal ka uttampam is quite and easy and filling recipe for fasting days.
I have already posted these fasting recipes-
- Sama ki khichdi
- Sama aloo ki tikki
- Sama ki idli
- Sabudana Vada
- Moongphali aloo ki sabzi
- Rajgiri ki poori aur Jeera aloo
- Vrat ki ras wale aloo ki sabzi
- Phool makhana Kheer
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Sama Ke Chawal Ka Uttapam
- 1 cup Samu /samak /tandul /varai
- 1/2 cup Sago pearls /Sabudana
- 1 boiled Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 1.5 tbsp Yogurt/dahi
- to taste Salt/namak
- 3/4 tsp Pepper powder /kali mirch
- 2 tsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Wash and soak samo and sabudana in enough water in separate container for about 6 hours.
- Grind them into fine paste with little water(don’t add too much water )
- In a bowl add yogurt,salt and the ground paste and make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add finely grated or mashed boiled potato and mix.
- Grease a non stick griddle and pour a ladle full of batter.
- Spread to make a medium thick pancake.
- Sprinkle pepper powder,cumin seeds,green chilies and fresh coriander.
- Drizzle some ghee or oil on the pancake.
- When get cooked then flip the side and let it cook from other side.
- When become golden then remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with green chutney and aam papad chutney
Can be made without sabudana? I have grounded rice. Can use that?
yes you can use grounded rice too
Nikanj Pareek says
I like your recepies special for my fasting day.
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
worth trying recipe dear
Veena Theagarajan says
new dosa recipe.. looks perfect
nandoos Kitchen says
nice and healthy uttappam..