Laapsi- Healthy and delicious dessert made with broken wheat-speciality from Rajasthan and Gujarat
Laapsi /Meetha Daliya is a very popular sweet dish from the state of Rajasthan.It is quick ,easy and delicious dish made with broken wheat,ghee and sugar or jaggary,This is also very popular in North Indian states specially in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.
It is specially made during wedding or any big or small festive occasions and a winter special recipe.Though making laapsi is quite easy but often the cooked grains become little chewy if you directly add the sugar in the cooked daliya .
Add sugar in little water and boil till sugar dissolves and then adding it in the daliya makes it perfectly soft .You can add any nuts of your choice but almonds and raisins taste great ,addition of saffron also gives a wonderful flavour.
Do try these delicious recipes made with Daliya-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
How To Make laapsi /Sweet Daliya
Laapsi- Healthy and delicious dessert made with broken wheat
Servings: 5 people
- 1 cup Broken wheat / Daliya/ Fada
- 1/3 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 3 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1/3 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1 CUP Sugar / Chini
- Pinch Sugar / Chini
- 12 Almonds / Badam
- 3 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.Add cloves ,cardamom(crush lightly to open it up) and cinnamon
- Add daliya and roast on low heat till it become pink and start giving a nice aroma.Now add raisins and chopped almonds and just give a stir.
- Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or cook till done.
- In a separate pan add sugar and water and cook till sugar melts.(A)Soak saffron in 2 tsp of milk and crush in a mortar and pestle.
- When cooker cool down completely then open it.Add sugar water(A) and mix it.
- Now give it a boil and then simmer on low heat,till it almost drys up.
- Now add cardamom powder and saffron and mix.
- Serve hot garnished with pista and almond slices.
- Use thick grain/coarse daliya to make laapsi ,don’t use the fine variety otherwise it may become mushy.
- The amount of water and pressure cooking time also depends on the quality of wheat used so adjust accordingly.
- Traditionally a good amount of ghee is used in making laapsi but you can easily reduce the quantity of ghee if you want
- You can also use jaggary /gur instead of sugar.
- It will become dry after some times,so its fine to have some moisture after finishing it.
Simi J says
You make daliya look soooo good
Kalpana Sareesh says
deliciously prepared lapsi..
anusha praveen says
Looks delicious Anjanaji. Have not tried lapsi so far but will try soon based on your version
Meena B says
Hi anjana after long time on ur space
hmmm we call it bhaat but urs is slight different with flavours of dalchini and lavang.. wud post mine but ur tip is good to add sugar later lets see mayb next time wud try ur version
beena stephen says
Delicious healthy dessert.
MonuTeena RecipesPassion says
wow with nuts i am in love with it
Rumana Ambrin says
This looks so delicious…