Stuffed Bread Dahi Vada -Instant and healthy version of dahi vada made with bread – Easy, fat free and No cook Recipe
Bread Dahi Vada- Dahi vada is a popular snack or street food of Northern India. It is a deep fried snack made with white lentil or urad daal .You need to plan it ahead as its made with soaked and ground urad daal paste.then deep fried and soaked again. I have already posted the recipe – How to make Dahi bhalla
But this bread dahi vada is an instant recipe.you don’t need to plane ahead to make this as no soaking ,grinding and deep frying is needed. Just add some beaten chilled yougurt over fresh bread roundels and garnish with green and date chutney and your fat free and easy dahi vadas are ready in minutes.
How To make Bread Dahi Vada
Take Fresh Bread and cut it into roundels .After cutting bread in roundels apply beaten and salted curd over the bread pieces. Put stuffing of your choice , I have used cashew pieces ,some soaked raisins,roasted cumin, ginger and fresh coriander on te bread slice. Now put a bread roundel over the stuffing. Again drizzle some yogurt over this bread. Now add some sweet chutney, green chutney and roasted cumin powder, black salt and chili powder. Serve these delicious soft bread dahi vadas immediately.
You can also try these delicious recipes-
- Poha Chivda Namkeen
- Tikoni Khaja Mathri
- Pinwheel Samosa
- Amchoor ki Saunth chutney
- Anjeer Ki Barfi
- Instant Kalakand
- Pista Barfi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Stuffed Bread Dahi Vada - Instant and No Cook
- 10 Bread slices
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 3 tbsp Green chutney
- 3 tbsp Sweet chutney
- 5 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- Wash and soak cashew and raisins /kishmish in 1/2 cup water and keep aside
- Take chilled yogurt in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add 1/4 cup water, salt and sugar in the curd and mix.
- Now chop cashews and ginger into small pieces.
- Now with a sharp bowl, lid or any mould cut bread into roundels.(circles).
- Lightly toast the bread slices on hot griddle (this step is optional)
- Take a bread roundel and dip it in in the curd and arrange in the serving dish
- Now sprinkle some chopped cashews,raisins,ginger and chopped coriander over it.
- Now cover it with other plain bread slice.
- Drizzle yogurt over it to cover from all sides.
- Now drizzle sweet chutney, green chutney, chili powder,black salt and cumin powder.
- Serve immediately.
- Add water according to the quality and thickness of the curd ,it should neither be very thin nor very thick,should be of pouring consistency so bread can soak it properly.
- If you don’t have sweet chutney or green chutney even then you can make these dahi vadas ,they taste great both way
- Just make them when you are about to serve as they may become very soft to handle if kept for some time.