Anjeer ki barfi -A healthy and delicious sugar free fig and dry fruit barfi
Diwali preparations are almost done in every house now and all the sweets and savory are made and stocked in the kitchen. But still there are many who are planning to make something easy and quick. All the sweets are loaded with ghee and sugar so health conscious people want to have something light and sugar-free.
This Anjeer ki barfi is an excellent sweet as it is healthy, sugarfree and easy to make .You can add dates in it but that’s optional you can add or skip as per your wish. A lot of dry fruits are added in it ,you can choose any dry fruit like almonds, pistachio, walnuts, cashew and pecan and the ratio again depends on the availability and your personal preference.
Dry fruits are chopped or crushed into medium size pieces but don’t crush them into small tiny pieces. The figs and dates are chopped into small pieces and then cooked to soften them but you can also soak them in milk for 2 hours so they will swell up a little and got mashed up well.
Anjeer has numerous health benefits,It is very rich in dietary fiber hence good to cure constipation and piles problem.ideal snack for weight loss. Figs are rich in antioxidants so good for people having hypertension,heart diseases and diabetes so they get benefits by including figs in there diet. Fig and Dates also have a good amount of Iron so help to cure anemia.
If you are looking for more Festiv recipes to try then try-
- Ras Malai ,
- Milk Halwa /Palkova ,
- Pista Barfi
- Ratlami Sev
- Moong daal Ki Khasta kachori
- Punjabi Aloo Samosa
- Chiwda Namkeen
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
How To Make Anjeer ki Barfi, Anjeer Barfi Recipe
- 200 gm Dried fig /anjeer
- 25 Dates / Khajoor
- 250 gms mixed nuts
- 1.5 tsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/3 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- Chop Figs into small pieces ,smaller pieces are easy to mash.
- Deseed dates and chop into small pieces and keep aside
- Soak figs in 1/2 cup of warm milk and keep aside (this step is optional ,you can do without soaking the figs)
- Chop almonds and pistachio into medium size pieces and then dry roast in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- In a non stick pan or a heavy bottom pan add ghee and let it melt.
- Now add soaked figs and chopped dates in it and mix well.
- Keep mixing and mashing the mixture on low heat till it become a sticky dough.
- Now add chopped nuts and cardamom powder and mix well with a spatula.
- When every thing blends well then spread it on a greased plate and level it evenly.
- Let it set for 15 minutes and then slice to make square pieces.
- Serve when required.
- Fig barfi has a good shelf life and easily stays well for minimum a month.
- This sweet is sugar free and the sweetness comes from anjeer and dates but you can you still adjust the sweetness by the quantity of dates in it,can add more or less dates.you can even use half anjeer and half dates .
- I have added almonds and pistachios in the barfi ,but you can add pistachio, almonds, walnuts, pecan and cashews as per your choice.
Rajesh N Rathod says
Tasty & mouthwatering
Evelyn Tenne says
By 250g dried fruits do you nean nuts, or are the nuts additions?
Thanks! Sounds marvellous!
Hi Evelyn-Dried fruit means nuts like almonds,pistachio,pecan and cashews