Baingan aloo suva ki sabji- A simple and delicious brinjal, potato,spinach and dill leaves curry – a specialty of Uttar Pradesh
Baigan aloo suva ki sabzi- Today I am posting a very simple and delicious sabzi which is my favorite winter special recipe.This baigan aloo suva ki sabzi post was lying in my draft from past few months as I forgot to post it . Now summer season is already started but still we get good quality suva in the market so You can still try and enjoy this simple yet flavourful baigan aloo suva ki sabzi.
This baigan aloo suva ki sabzi is a specialty of Uttar Pradesh, it is every day kind of sabzi which is usually made for dinner.This sabzi is also made in all the celebrations and marriage functions in Uttar Pradesh. It is made into a soft mushy type texture which enhance all the flavors in it.
You can enjoy this with any Indian bread but it taste awesome with pooris. This sabzi and poori make an awesome combo .This Aloo palak ki sabzi is again a simple yet delicious curry which I cook often during winter season.
Brinjal is my favourite vegetable and I make so many different stir fries and curries with brinjal. Baigan Aloo ki Sabzi , special Vadi Baigan ki Sabzi and everyone’s favourite Bharwa Baigan are few specialties from Uttar Pradesh and are regular in my kitchen.
Do Try this healthy, easy and delicious medley of vegetables and I am sure it will become regular in your kitchen.
you may also like these recipes-
- Easy Pista Barfi
- Sweet and Sour Paneer
- Achari Paneer Tikka
- Paneer Pudina Kabab
- Moong Daal Kachori
- Kashmiri Dum Aloo
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Baigan aloo suwa ki sabzi
- 500 gms Brinjals / Baingan
- 500 gms Potatoes / Aloo
- 450 gms Spinach / Palak
- 2 cup Dill Leaves/ suwa bhaji/ shepu chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 1 medium size Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1.5 inch Ginger / Adrak chopped
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- Wash and chop spinach and dill leaves(remove the hard and thick stems of spinach and dill and use the tender ones)
- Chop brinjal and potato into medium size pieces.(peeling potato is optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering/tadka spices and let them crackle on low heat.
- Now add chopped potato ,peas, green chilies ,turmeric and salt and mix. cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Now add brinjal, tomato, suva, ginger, chili powder, coriander powder and mix.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or till half done.
- Now add chopped spinach and mango powder ,mix and cook on medium heat till done
- Serve with any paratha ,poori or any Indian bread or Rice