Baigan Ka Chokha- A rustic delicious roasted brinjal and tomato mash from the land of Bihar
- Kashmiri Dahi Baigan
- Bharwa Baigan
- Kashmiri Chokh Vangun
- Vadi Baigan Ki Sabzi
- Baigan Ka Raita
- Baigan Aloo Suva ki sabzi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Baigan Ka Chokha
- 3 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 3 big Brinjals / Baingan
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 2.5 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- Wash and wipe brinjal and make 2 small slits in it and apply some oil all over it.
- Keep the brinjal on direct flame and roast it from all the sides ,keep turning the sides.
- Same way roast tomatoes and green chilies on direct flame till get charred from all the sides.
- When they cool down then peel off the skin of brinjals and tomato. Chop and mash brinjal and tomatoes.
- Take a big bowl and add mashed brinjal and tomatoes in it.
- Add chopped green chili,ginger,salt,chili powder,lemon juice and mustard oil.
- Mix it well and add chopped fresh coriander. Serve fresh.