Vrat ka Paneer Pakoda- Vrat special Crisp fritters made with Rajgiri flour and paneer slices
Vrat ka paneer pakoda- During Navaratri is celebrated in most of the parts of India. Dandiya raas or Garba dance also take place during Navaratri festival. In the state of Gujarat Dandiya raas is an integral part of Navaratri festival. But now the garba fever is spread all over India and even overseas too. Here in Dubai garba is celebrated in many hotels, publc grounds , parks and in some private villas, popular Dj’s and singers came from India and people participate with so much enthusiasm .
People fast during Navaratri and need different recipes to try every day specially if the youngsters are fasting then get bored of the routine wali aloo sabzi and poori and parathas. They need some thing interesting and delicious to snack .
These vrat ke paneer pakoda are super easy to make and are so crisp and delicious. I made an easy quick batter from rajgiri flour and the basic spices and then dipped the marinated panner slices in it and deep fried. These paneer pakoda can be served with vrat ki green chutney and Aam papad ki chutney.
If you are looking for more fasting recipes then do try-
- Kuttu Ka Dahivada
- Vrat ka sabudana Uttapam
- Rajgiri aloo Cheela
- Vrat ka Meduvada
- Paneer ki kheer
- Kuttu aloo Pakodi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Vrat Ka Paneer Pakoda
- 12 slices Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tsp Green chili paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3/4 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- Enough Cooking oil or ghee to deep fry
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- Take a bowl and add lemon juice, green chili paste, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, cumin powder and some salt and mix well.
- Now add the paneer slices in this marinade and toss gently,cover and keep aside.
- In a big bowl add the rajgiri flour,salt, pepper powder,cumin seeds and mix.
- Add water to make a medium thick batter.
- Heat oil or ghee in a heavy bottom deep wide pan.
- Dip the marinated paneer slices in the batter and gently slide in the hot oil.
- let it cook from one side till golden in colour on medium heat(don't turn often)
- When it become golden from one side then turn and cook from the other side.
- When it become golden and crisp from both the sides then drain on a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil.
- Sprinkle pinch of mango powder on the fried pakodas.
- Serve hot with green chutney and aam papad chutney OR any tangy dip of your choice.