Rajgiri Halwa- a delicious dessert made with gluten free amaranth flour and sugar- a Navratri fasting recipe
Rajgiri halwa is a easy to make delicious dessert made specially for religious fasting. Rajgiri / amaranth is also called as Ramdana in North India. It is a gluten free grain and is rich in calcium,protein, Iron and Vitamin A, B, and C
Rajgiri can be used to make so many different types of breads, snacks, desserts and to thicken the curries. It is also preferred for a weight loss diet and for fasting days.
How To Make Rajgiri Halwa-
Making rajgiri halwa is quite easy and simple . it is quite similar to the recipe of making sooji halwa . just the proportions are different as it will not swell up like sooji.
first of all add ghee in a heavy bottom pan and then add the amaranth flour and roast till it change its colour and become light brown and start giving a nice roasted aroma. then add hot milk and cook till it start to thicken. at this stage add and cook till it become thick again. (addition of milk is totally optional ,you can use only water or add half milk and half water instead)Now add cardamom powder and chopped nuts of your choice and mix . Serve hot
I have also posted many delicious fasting recipes which you can try for Navratri –
- Rajgiri batata vada
- Nariyal Kachori
- Kuttu Aloo Pakodi
- Samak Aloo Tikki
- Sweet Mango Chutney
- Paneer Ki Kheer
- Vrindavan ki special Arbi
- Vrat ke Kadhi Chawal
- Mango Mint Raita
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Rajgiri Halwa for Navratri Fasting
- 5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 1 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 1/3 cup Sugar / Chini
- 1/3 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add rajgiri aata in the pan and roast on slow flame till it become light brown and start giving a nice aroma. keep stirring it continuously else it may burn at the bottom.
- Add hot milk and stir continuously till it start to thicken.
- Now add the sugar and stir it till it thicken again and ghee start oozing out from the sides.
- Now add cardamom powder and half of the chopped nuts and mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish with few chopped nuts.