Cranberry Chutney- Delicious and easy to make fresh cranberry chutney.
Cranberry Chutney- A very delicious fresh and very easy to make berry chutney . This chutney is made with just few basic ingredients available in the pantry. Last week my son brought a big bag of fresh cranberries and just few handfuls are used in salads and the rest was still lying in the refrigerator .I wanted to use them before they start spoiling so made this delicious chutney.
This is very delicious and a versatile kind of chutney .You can use it as a dip with snacks, spread on your bread and toast , have with cheese or crackers or can serve as an accompaniment with meal. I love to make chutney and preserves with fruits and my family loves them all. My little Annirudh also loved this chutney and ate happily with his favorite crisp rava dosa 🙂
How To Make Cranberry Chutney-
The recipe is quite simple and easy to follow.. Just add washed cranberries and water in a heavy bottom pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes or till the berry become soft. Then mash it using a wooden masher or with the back of the ladle. Add sugar/ brown sugar/jaggary according to your taste preference. Add grated jaggary , salt and chili powder and cook till it thickens.
You can also try these delicious Recipes-
- Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Microwave Mug Cake
- Instant Mango Pickle
- Beetroot and Pea Pulao
- Palak Raita
- Pudina Paratha
- Panchmel Daal
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
Fresh Cranberry Chutney
- 300 gm Fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/2 cup Sugar / Chini
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/2 ts Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- Wash cranberries and keep aside
- In a heavy bottom pan add oil and then add cumin and cinnamon
- When cumin become golden then add the grated ginger, salt and cranberries with a cup of water
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 -15 minutes
- When cranberry become soft then mash with a wooden masher or with the back of the ladle
- Now add sugar, chili powder or chili flakes and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- When sugar melt down completely and chutney become thick then add vinegar and give it a boil. Now check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Switch of the flame and store in a glass container when it cool down completely.
- Keep Refrigerated and it will stay fresh for couple of weeks.
- You can use brown sugar or jaggary instead of using white sugar.
- Can add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar