Tindora Sambharo- A very simple delicious and quick recipe to make pickle from Ivy gourd and basic Indian spices.
Tindora Sambharo- Sambharo is a Gujarati side dish served often as a side dish or pickle. Sambharo is made with many vegetables mainly with cabbage, carrot , chili, papaya, raw mango etc. Some kind of sambharo’s are served as quick stir fry vegetable like carrot and cabbage sambharo , Papaya Sambharo etc.
This Tindora sambharo is usually served as an Instant pickle. Though it can be enjoyed instantly but the flavor matures after 3 days so better to wait till then. This sambharo can be easily stored in the refrigerator for a month, but do keep mixing the pickle or shaking the bottle once in 2-3 days.
Tindora sambharo can be enjoyed with your regular meal, goes well with thepla, daal -chawal, khichdi etc. I try to always keep a tindora Sambharo jar in my fridge as every one in my family loves this ,specially my daughter loves this with everything. So before it get over I try to keep a bottle ready again. Do try this Pickle you will surely love this recipe.
You can cut the tindora in any shape you prefer, Usually it is chopped in slices but you can make it in cubes or chop using a vegetable chopper to make like kachumber . You can also add few slices of green chili , raw mango and ginger in it depending on your choice.
Pickle masala/ Methiya masala is added in this tindora sambharo but if you don’t have pickle masala in your pantry then no worries just add 1 tbsp of ground mustard powder/ rai, 1 tsp crushed fennel powder/ saunf, 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder/ Methidana and 1.5 tsp chili powder Or as per your taste
You can also try these recipes-
- Stuffed Green Chili Pickle
- Mushroom Chili
- Gunda Kairi Ki Sabji
- Instant Hing Ka Achar
- Cabbage and Carrot Sambharo
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Tindora Sambharo I Instant Kundru Pickle
- 300 gm Tindora/ Ivy gourd/ Kundru/ Tindli
- 1.5 tbsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala check notes below
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Split Mustard seeds/Rai kuria crushed
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Wash the tindoras /Ivy Gourd / Kundru and wipe well.
- Now trim the ends and then slit lengthwise into thin slices(6 to 8 slices from a tindora depending on the size of the tindora)
- You can also cut into roundels or cubes if you like but usually it is cut into thin slices.
- Now take a bowl and add the slices and salt and keep covered for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and let it cool down completely before adding in the sambharo.
- Now add all the spices in the tindora slices and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and the oil and mix well to coat the slices.
- Fill the pickle in a glass jar preferably or in a food grade plastic or ceramic jar.
- Keep the pickle jar at room temperature for 3 days so it become sour and tindora absorb all the flavors.
- You can start eating the pickle from the same day but taste best after it matures in 3-4 days
- After 3-4 days keep it in the refrigerator , keep shaking and mixing the jar often.
- Enjoy your Tindora Sambharo with thepla, daal chawal, khichdi , mathri or any thing you want with !