Aami Mirch ki sabji – a delicious spicy raw mango and green chili sabji/ Instant Pickle
Aami mirch sabji aur Amiya mirch ki sabji is a tangy spicy sabji served regularly during summer with meal. It stays well easily for 2 weeks in the refrigerator if cooked properly in enough oil.
You need only mildly spiced green chilies and raw mangoes and the basic Indian spices to make this kairi mirch ki sabj. This stir fry will be done in just 10 minutes . The spice level of green chilies should be chosen as per your preference. I always choose light colored mildly spiced one’s so everyone in my family can have this sabji.
During summer as soon as the raw mango came in the market we start making different types of raw mango pickles, chutneys , murabba, launji , stuffed vegetables with raw mango . She loves to make bharwa karela , bhindi, mirch and many many more summer special recipes. My mom used to always add boiled raw mango puree in lauki ki sabji and daal’s during the season which gives a delicious flavour and taste to her dishes.
This sabji/ Instant pickle is also good to carry for travel as it stays good for 3-4 days at room temperature. You can enjoy this sabji with daal-chawal, khichdi, paratha, poori , mathri, or anything you want to serve with.
You can check these Summer special recipes-
Aami Mirch ki sabji I Raw Mango and green Chili Stir Fry
- 160 gm Green Chiles / Hari Mirchi
- 125 gm Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam 1 small size
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- to taste salt/ namak
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tbsp Fennel powder/ Pisi Saunf coarsely crushed
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chili powder optional
- 1 tbs Sugar / Chini optional
- Wash and wipe the green chilies and slit into 2 parts , if they are quite long then cut into 4 OR you can chop into roundels instead of cutting lengthwise
- Peel and slice the raw mango like you sliced or chop the green chilies(try to chop both in equal size and shapes)
- heat oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- When the oil become hot then add mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add asafoetida and turmeric and immediately add the green chilies and stir to mix.
- let the chilies fry for a minute. keep stirring.
- Now add the raw mango slices and salt and stir to mix .
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat.
- Cook till the raw mangoes become tender.
- Now pen the lid and add the coriander powder, kashmiri chili powder and fennel powder and stir fry to roast the spices
- At this stage you can add 1 tbsp of sugar to balance the taste but this is totally optional
- Switch off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Now store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks and enjoy!
- Serve it hot or cold as per your preference.