Daliya ki kheer – Broken wheat and milk porridge cooked in Indian way
METHA DALIYA / DALIYA KI KHEER- There are many young girls and boys who have just started cooking and need easy and healthy recipes,so today I am posting this very delicious and healthy daliya ki kheer recipe specially for them:)
made with whole wheat grits or broken wheat. It can be made either as a
sweet dalia kheer or as savoury dalia.
- Being a complex carbohydrate, the rate at which it gets digested it
slow thus releasing glucose on a slow and sustained rate. This makes it
an ideal food for diabetics, people wanting to lose weight or those who
have high cholesterol levels.
- It has high fibre content, which not only helps in keeping the
digestive system healthy but also keeps the hunger at bay for a longer
- Broken wheat/Daliya/ fada-1 cup
- Ghee-2 tbls
- Water-2 cup
- Milk-3 cup
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/2 t.s
- Raisins-2 tbls
- Saffron-a pinch of
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add broken wheat.
- Roast on medium flame for approx 3 minute till it become golden in colour.
- If you want to avoid ghee then dry roast in a pan for 5 minutes OR bake in oven for 15 minutes on 150 f.
- Add 2 cups of water and roasted broken wheat in the cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles on low flame.
- Open and add milk,mix well and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar,saffron, chopped almond and pista.
- Let it cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add raisins and cardamom powder.(avoid adding raisins in the boiling milk as it may curdle due to the sourness of raisins)
- Serve hot or cold.