Daliya Upma- A healthy and delicious broken wheat and vegetable pilaf
Daliya upma is made with broken wheat/Fada is a non refined and a very healthy source of fiber and protein and it is also low in fat. It is very good for people who are sick as it is easily digested , daliya upma is an easy recipe which is also good for kids, people who want to loose weight, and for Diabetic patients .
Including Dalia upma in your diet helps promote better metabolism due to its high fiber content.Daliya can be made in various ways like sweet or savoury version.We can make sweet daliya or or make this healthy and nutritious vegetable and daliya pulao which is a delicious and a filling one pot dish.
Do try these daliya recipes-
Daliya Upma /Cracked wheat and vegetable pulao
- 1 cup Broken wheat / Daliya/ Fada
- 1/2 cup Carrot / Gajar chopped
- 1/2 cup French beans chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 8 Cauliflower /phool gobhi florets
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2.5 cup Water / Paani
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.5 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- Heat oil or ghee in the pressure cooker.Add all the tempering ingredients and cashew pieces and let them crackle on medium heat.
- Now add daliya and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add all the spices ,vegetables(except lemon juice and fresh coriander)and water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 2 whistles.Let it cool down completely.
- Then open the cooker ,add lemon juice and chopped coriander and fluff gently.
- Serve hot with yogurt,raita or chutney
2- Amount of water and cooking time may depend on the quality of the daliya so adjust accordingly.
3- You can add any vegetables of your choice or make it simple and just add tomato.