Kadhai Paneer in among the most popular dishes of North India.
Its quite Easy and quick to make recipe – its a chunky paneer dish made in a spicy tomato gravy with freshly crushed whole spices.
prep time-10 min
cooking time-10 min
- Paneer cubes-2 cup
- Grated ginger-1 tsp
- Green chilies-2
- Tomato ketchup-1 tsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
- Whole kashmiri red chilies-3
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Dried fenugreek/kasoori methi-1.5 tsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Garam masala-a pinch of
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Chili flakes-1 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Make cubes or juliennes of capsicum and paneer
- Microwave coriander seeds and whole red chillies for 40 seconds and then coarsly crush/pound them .
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds,chopped green chilies and ginger,saute for few seconds
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and saute till they become soft.
- Now add turmeric, crushed coriander and red chilies,saute for a minute
- Add capsicum cubes and saute for a minute.
- Now add paneer cubes,tomato ketchup,garam masala ,chili flakes and mix to coat the paneer pieces with the masala paste and cover and cook for approx 5 minutes .
- Add crushed kasoori methi/dried fenugreek leaves and chopped fresh coriander.cook for about a minute to blend well
- Serve hot with naan,paratha or any Indian bread