Till Ke Ladoo -A sesame and milk based dessert – usually made on ‘Makar Sankranti’ – the Indian Festival to mark the Winter Solstice.
Till Ke Ladoo- you need good quality khoya to make these till ke ladoo’s. So either brought mawa from the market or make at home with milk powder . I have given the recipe to make khoya with milk powder in the notes.
Both ways it give good results.
Happy Makar Sankranti!
Looking for some delicious desserts to make then check-
Till Ke Laddoo ,Sesame Fudge
A sesame and milk based dessert – usually made on ‘Makar Sankranti’ – the Indian Festival to mark the Winter Solistice.
Servings: 12 person
- 2 cup Khoya/Mawa/solidified milk Recipe in notes
- 1.5 cup White sesame seeds /til
- 3 tbsp Fresh Milk
- 1.5 cup Castor sugar / Pisi hui chini
- 1/3 tsp Saffron / Kesar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 4 tbsp Almonds / Badam
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan till they start crackling, coarsely grind in a mixer.
- Crush the almonds.(or any other dry fruit of your choice. You may also skip adding nuts.)
- Dissolve saffron in 1 tsp of warm milk.
- Grate or mash the mawa and add the castor sugar, ground sesame, almonds, cardamom powder, and a few drops of milk and mix well .
- If the mixture seems dry then you can add some more milk, few drops at a time.
- Mix the mixture well, grease your palms and make small ladoos of the mixture.
- Place in a plate and apply some saffron paste on the laddos
- Note-you can adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
Instant Mawa Recipe:
Take 2 cups of full cream milk powder in a glass bowl, add 2 tbsp of ghee or butter in it and mix well. Add some water and make a soft dough. Cover and microwave for 1 minute. You may now mash or grate it and use it any dessert preparation.