Tomato Methi Rice -A rice preparation tossed in fresh fenugreek, tomatoes and Indian spices.
Tomato Methi Rice a perfect recipe to use your leftover boiled rice.Addition of tomato and fresh fenugreek impart an amazing flavor to the plain boiled rice. It is a quick and easy recipe with minimum ingredients .These ingredients are easily available at Home. If you don’t have fresh fenugreek then you can use chopped spinach or fresh coriander.
You can also try these delicious rice preparation on my blog-
Tomato and Methi Pulav ,Tomato rice
- 3.5 cup Cooked Rice
- 2 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 1.5 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, when it become golden in colour, add green chilies and chopped fenugreek
- Stir for few seconds and then cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add tomatoes, turmeric and salt.mix and cook covered for few minutes till tomatoes become soft
- Mash tomatoes with a ladle and add ginger and all the spices and mix
- Now add cooked rice ,mix gently and cook coverd for 2 minutes
- Add lemon juice and serve hot