Cabbage Rice- Simple and flavourful rice made with cabbage and green peas
Cabbage rice – There are so many variety of rice grown in India and we consume rice on daily basis. In southern India rice is a staple diet of the people. Idli ,dosa and so many variety of rice and pulao are made with rice. Each state and family have their own favorite style and recipe of making rice and pulao.
This Cabbage rice is a very easy and simple to make recipe. Few days back i have a bowl of leftover cooked rice lying in my refrigerator .So I tried this cabbage rice recipe with some cabbage and capsicum . I don’t have peas that time but you can also add peas in it. It taste mild and delicious. Serve this cabbage rice with curd,raita ,pickle and some papad . You can also pack this healthy cabbage rice in lunch boxes.
Do try these Delicious Pulao Recipes –
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 3 CUP Cooked Rice
- 1.5 Cup Cabbage chopped finely
- 1 cup Capsicum/ shimla Mirch chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander/ Hara Dhaniya
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
Tempering/ Tadka/ Waghar
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds/ Jeera
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 Whole dried red chilies
- 2 Cloves/ Lavang
- Boil 1 cup rice in salted water till almost cooked OR use 3 cup left over rice.
- Chop cabbage and capsicum in small pieces. If using fresh peas then boil till soft or use frozen peas.
- Heat oil and ghee in a wide pan and add the tempering ingredients.
- When cumin become golden then add capsicum and cabbage saute for a minute on high flame
- Now add chopped tomato ,cover and cook on low flame for a minute
- Add chili flakes ,rice and salt, mix and let it cook for a minute.don’t stir too much else rice become mushy.
- Add lemon juice and fresh coriander and cook till mixed well
- Serve hot with yoghurt ,pickle, papad and salad.
very flavorful, delicious n healthy rice…looks inviting!
Priya R says
flavor packed rice 🙂 looks superb
quick and healthy one pot meal..
Have some red cabbage that I was planning to use. In a slightly different matter. THis is nice and simple to make for a quick meal.
Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj says
very different and healthy rice…
Fantastic and flavourful one pot meal.
Vimitha Anand says
Flavor packed rice
Swasthi Blank says
Wow! a healthy dish. nice way to use cabbage. looks delicious
New to me looks delicious
Aruna Manikandan says
simple and delicious rice 🙂
Meena B says
i have cabbage kept thinking to try something new and u made this one
looks totally yummy with chilli flakes and color is amazing