Corn Salsa Rice-Rice cooked with corn and bell pepper tomato salsa a Mexican preparation
Corn salsa rice is a quick and delicious preparation. You can use your leftover steamed rice to make this tasty dish. Smoked grilled peppers added with tomatoes gives a very nice smoked flavor to the salsa. You can prepare this salsa and keep it refrigerated for 2-3 days .
You may also like these delicious recipes-
- Milk Masala Powder
- Beetroot Raita
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Gajar Gobhi Shalgum ka Achar
- Punjabi kala Chana Masala
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Corn and Salsa Rice
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 2 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 2 Green chilies chopped
- 1 cup Corn kernels boiled
- 1 tbsp Chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Processed cheese optional
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- To Taste Salt
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- Wash and soak rice in water for 1/2 hour.
- In a big pan add enough water and 1 tsp salt and let it boil.
- When the water start boiling add the soaked rice and cook till done.
- Strain the cooked rice on a colander and keep aside to cool down.
- Roast one yellow and one red bell pepper on direct flame till charred from all the sides.
- Peel the charred skin and chop the bell peppers .
- Heat oil in a wide pan and when oil become warm then add chopped green chilies and stir .
- Now add chopped tomatoes,roasted and chopped bell peppers(yellow and red) and salt.
- Cook on medium heat till tomatoes become soft.
- Now add chopped green and yellow bell pepper,boiled corn,oregano,chili flakes,and basil.
- Mix all and then add boiled rice,chili sauce and mix gently.
- Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat,remove from the flame and add grated cheese.
- Serve hot