Drumstick curry -Drumsticks and peas cooked in a tangy tomato sauce
Drumstick curry- Drumstick is among the few vegetables which are never used in my mothers house and not even in my community,may be drumstick was not easily available in my home town at that time.
The only time I use drumsticks was when I make sambhar and sindhi kadi.I have seen many recipe on the net but wanted to try something to suite our taste,so just tried this yesterday and it taste great,so now will making this often.
You may also like these delicious recipes-
- Milk Masala Powder
- Beetroot Raita
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Gajar Gobhi Shalgum ka Achar
- Punjabi kala Chana Masala
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 3 Drumsticks
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1/2 CUP Green Peas / Hari Matar boiled
- 1 TSP Green chilies/Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2 tsp Yoghurt optional
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 8 Curry leaves
- Wash and scrape or peel the drumsticks and chop into 2.5 inch pieces.
- Grind tomatoes,green chili and ginger and make a smooth puree.
- Add 1.5 cup water,1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp turmeric and chopped drumsticks in the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle,wait for 2-3 minutes and then release the pressure,strain the drumsticks and wash with water to stop further cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin,mustard seeds,asafoetida and cury leaves.
- When mustard start crackling add the tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes till it start to thicken.
- Now add boiled peas,curd,sugar,all the spices and boiled drumsticks.
- Cover and simmer till the gravy become thick and oil start showing from the sides of the pan
- Add chopped fresh coriander and serve .
- Serving suggestions-serve as a side dish with any Indian meal.