Kiwi and Coriander Rice- Healthy fruity rice made with kiwi and fresh coriander
Kiwi and coriander rice- Simple and mildly flavored Kiwi and Coriander pilaf .Kiwi fruit is very good for health so I try to include it in my diet in different and interesting ways.
This time I made a exotic and mildly flavoured kiwi and rice biryani from a t.v show,which taste wonderful and is easy to cook. I have also posted a Kiwi and Mint Chutney few weeks back ,which is also a big hit in my family
Do try these rice recipes-
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time- 5 minutes
- Rice-3/4 cup
- Kiwi Fruit -3
- Green chilies,chopped- 1.5 tsp
- Fresh Coriander,chopped- 3 tbsp
- Lemon zest- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cooking oil- 2.5 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Cashew nuts,crushed- 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves-6
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 20 minutes.
- In a big bowl boil enough water and 1 tsp salt,when water start boiling add soaked rice.
- Boil rice till done and then drain on a colander to remove all the water.
- Peel and chop kiwi fruit into small size pieces.
- Take half quantity of kiwi and grind with chopped green chilies to make a smooth paste(can adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste)
- Add some salt,pepper powder and few drops of lemon juice in the remaing half kiwi pieces.(A)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds .
- When seeds start crackling add crushed cashews and saute for few seconds on low heat.
- Add curry leaves,rice and salt(litle amount of salt is needed as salt is also added while boiling)
- Saute for few seconds and then switch off the flame.
- Now add the kiwi paste,lemon zest,fresh coriander and lemon juice in the rice and mix well.
- Take a bowl and grease the inside of the bowl with ghee or butter .
- Now fill it half with kiwi rice,press gently.
- Spread the half kiwi mixture(A) over the rice layer.
- Now put the remaining half rice over the kiwi layer and press gently.
- Invert the bowl on the serving plate and serve.
Serving suggestions-serve with mint and yogurt dip or tomato salsa and chips.