Achari Aloo- Tangy Delicious Baby potatoes cooked with pickle spices
Achari Aloo -Potato is the most popular and versatile vegetable among all the vegetables available in the world. There are numerous delicious recipes in each country ,state and favorite of each and every family.
Potato goes very well with almost all the vegetable. In India we add potato in most of our curries and stir fries , we add potatoes in most of the vegetables i.e Cauliflower,cabbage,peas,carrot,brinjal, spinach, Fenugreek, Karela, okra, parval, beans and with so many vegetables.
Achari aloo is a easy and delicious recipe . it can be served as snack/ starter or as a side dish with main course. there are so many versions of making Achari aloo but this recipe is very simple and easy to cook and taste very good.
You can use Ready made Pickle masala to make this or dry roast fennel, fenugreek and mustard seeds and then grind to make a fine powder.Both way is taste good. Do use kashmiri chili powder for a bright red colour. You can try these potato recipes-
- 12 Baby Potatoes / Chhote Aloo
- 3.5 tbsp Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam grated
- 2 tsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3.4 tsp Shah jeera
- Salt / Namak
- Wash and lightly prick the potatoes.
- Heat water in a big pan and add 1/2 tsp salt in it.
- When water start boiling add potatoes in it and cook till just done.
- Now peel the potatoes and keep aside
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add asafoetida and grated raw mango and saute for approx 1/2 minute.
- Now add boiled potatoes and all the spices.
- Saute for a minute and then sprinkle 1.5 tbsp of water.
- Cook on low flame for approx 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between till potatoes get well coated with the spices.
- Serve hot or cold.