Moong sprout masala -Bean sprouts cooked in simple Indian spices
Moong Sprout Masala- Bean sprouts or moong sprouts are very healthy and we all know the health and medicinal benefits of using them.As sprouts are very easy to make,I always make sprouts at home,so will always get fresh sprouts and they are economical too.
You can also check these Moong beans recipes-
- Moong Daal Pakoda Kadhi
- Khatti Moong Daal
- Moong daal Paneer Cheela
- Lauki Moong Daal Sabzi
- Suva Moong Daal
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Moong Sprout Masala
- 3 cups Moong Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Tomato Chopped
- 1 tsp ginger/ adrak chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander/ Dhaniya chopped
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 tsp Cooking oil/ Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Green Chilies Chopped
- Wash the sprouts well to remove the smell
- Heat ghee or oil in the pressure cooker . Now add all the tempering ingredients.
- When seeds start crackling add chopped tomato and stir fry for few seconds.
- Now add sprouts and all the dry spices and ginger and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium heat.
- When cool down then open the pressure cooker and add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Mix well and serve as a snack or side dish.
1-If you want to serve this as a snack/chat or want it little crisp and crunchy then pressure cook for only 1 whistle.
2- Can add little more water and 1 cup tomatoes if you want to serve this as a curry and want some gravy in it.