Mix Vegetable Muthiya- Healthy and steamed vegetable and multi grain dumplings-A Gujarati specialty
Grated vegetables are mixed with flour and spices to make a soft dough and then the dough is shaped in rolls and steamed .Then the steamed sliced muthiyas are tempered in mustard seeds and sesame seeds to give flavour and crunch.
I have already posted few muthiya recipes ,today I tried mix vegetable muthiya with whatever vegetable I had in my refrigerator. Muthiyas are best served with green chutney and fried green chilies.
You can also check these delicious Muthiya recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Mix Vegetable Muthiya Recipe
- 1 cup Cabbage/Patta gobhi
- 3/4 cup Carrot/Gajar
- 4 tbsp Corn/Makai ka dana
- 1 cup Spinach/palak
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower
- 2 tsp Green chili/hari mirch
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander
- 1 cup Wheat flour /atta
- 1/2 cup flour/besan – 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup Semolina/sooji
- 1 tbsp Flex seed powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 3 tbsp Yogurt /dahi
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/haldi
- 2 tsp Chili powder /mirch
- to taste Salt
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 2 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch slit lengthwise
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- Take a big bowl and all the chopped and grated vegetables in it.
- Now add wheat flour,semolina, gram flour, yogurt and all the ingredients and mix well.
- Grease your palms with oil and make medium thick rolls from the mixture.
- Make all rolls and keep aside.
- In a big pan or in a steamer boil enough water.
- Grease the steamer plate or the metal rice strainer.
- Arrange all the rolls on the steamer plate and cover the pan with a lid.
- Steam cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Check with a tooth pick, if it come out clean then it is done.
- Slice the steamed muthiyas .
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
- When seeds start crackling add the sliced muthiyas in it.
- Shallow fry on medium heat till well coated with the tempering.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Serve with green mint chutney.
You can also make small rolls and deep fry them in hot oil instead of steaming them.
If the mixture is too loose to handle then add some more flour,gramflour and semolina.
Can add any vegetable of your choice.
I made this yesterday and am very happy with the outcome. I only did not have corn which I regretted because it would have added a nice crunch. Excellent!
Can you direct me to the recipe for the green chutney and the fried green chillies? I know a green chutney is a green chutney but I wd like to see how you do it.
Sanoli Ghosh says
Adorable spicy muthiyas, I always love this snack.
Sireesha Puppala says
sounds very interesting! will bookmark
nandoos Kitchen says
yumm.. Nice one.
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Looks very appetizing…should try it sometime