Cabbage chana daal sabzi- Simple and flavorful Cabbage and lentil stir fry
Cabbage chana daal- Cabbage is a very simple vegetable but gives a strong flavor while cooking so not a favorite vegetable to cook. This is very easily available and an inexpensive vegetable .It also have numerous health benefits so widely used all over the world to make stir fries and soups. It can be paired well with potato,peas ,carrot and lentils to make quick stir fries.
It is beneficial to cure stomach Ulcers , for Weight loss, helps in Arthritis, Heart disease, Alzheimer’s , Depression, boost immune system, Cure constipation as it is a very good source of fiber.
Cabbage chana daal subzi is a simple and mildly flavored stir fry .It is a popular preparation of South Indian and Konkani cuisine. this cabbage Upkari is a very easy,quick and fuss free recipe.
There are so many recipes to try with cabbage ,my favorite are –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Cabbage Chana Daal Sabzi
- 4.5 cup Cabbage / pattagobhi chopped
- 1/4 cup Bengal gram /chana daal
- 1/4 cup Coconut / taza nariyal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 cup Water
- To Taste Salt /namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1.5 tbsp Cashew pieces/ Kaju Tukda
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 2 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Wash and soak chana daal in water for 1 hour.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil.
- When oil become warm then add the urad daal,cumin and mustard seeds.
- When start crackling then add cashew,green chilies, asafoetida and curry patta.
- Now add turmeric powder and soaked chana daal and 3/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low heat till all the water evaporated and daal get partially cooked.
- Now add chopped cabbage and salt,mix and cover the pan
- Cook till become soft but remain crunchy.
- Add sugar, chili flakes, coconut, lemon juice and chopped coriander.
- Mix well and serve with chapati,bread or steamed rice and daal combo.
2- leftover can be used to stuff in sandwich or parathas.