Date Almond Milk – A very healthy and delicious Date and Almond Milk drink
Date Almond Milk- Dates are very healthy and full of nutrients . They are very good source of Vitamins, Minerals and Iron . Date is a natural source of Energy, sugar and fiber .It is a mild laxative, good for our bone health, anemia, boost energy and good for Nervous system health and makes our heart healthy.
So when dates are so good for our over all health then we should have to include dates in our diets in some form. Here in Dubai we also get good quality of date syrup which is used to sweeten milk,drinks and desserts.
I like dates and prefer to eat few dates after food instead of eating sweets, chocolates and desserts but my family members are fussy eaters and I have to coax them to eat dates . So I often try to create some thing interesting to make them eat this wonder fruit of Mother Nature.
During winter season we all prefer to have some delicious warm drinks and if the drink was made with some healthy and nutritious ingredients then it was surely a winner recipe.
My grand mother used to make this Date and almond milk/kharik badam ka doodh in my childhood so I last week I made this milk and every one loves this .You can increase the amount of almonds if you wish or use a mix of almonds and pistachio.
You can also try these delicious recipes-
- Oats date and Nut laddo
- Anjeer and date barfi
- Date pickle
- Bharwa Karela
- Kela Methi Nu Shaak
- Date and tamarind chutney
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Date and Almond Milk, Kharik Badam Doodh
- 4.5 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 10 Dates / Khajoor
- 12 Almonds / Badam
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- pinch of Saffron / Kesar
- Soak Almonds overnight or for 5 hours.
- Peel almonds and deseed the dates and kep aside.
- In a pan boil the milk and simmer for 5 minutes
- Grind almonds and dates with 5 tbsps of milk and make a fine paste.
- Now add this paste in the boiling milk and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and switch off the heat.
- Serve hot with a garnish of saffron and few almond slices.