Amrood ki khatti meethi sabji- a delicious sweet and sour delicious curry made with guava
Amrood ki khatti meethi sabji- is a very easy and quick curry made with ripe guavas. it is a good recipe to use leftover ripe guavas. My mother often makes this curry when ever we have leftover ripe guavas. it taste delicious with parathas and pooris.
I love to make curry with fruits ,its a good way to use leftover fruits and best thing is that everyone in my family loves these curries. for making amrood ki khatti meethi sabji always use ripe ones, the semi ripe ones not taste good in curries.
For making amrood ki khatti Meethi sabji chop amrood in medium size pieces . Prefer to use ripe guavas to make this sabji no need to peel the fruit. If the seeds are hard then make sure to scoop and remove them before chopping the fruit.
Heat some ghee and add cumin seeds and green chilies. Add the chopped amrood , salt and turmeric and mix well. add some water and cover and cook till done. add chili powder, sugar and lemon juice and mix. lastly add fresh coriander and tangy delicious amrood sabji is ready to serve. enjoy with paratha or pooris.
VARIATION– You can make this sabji either dry , semi thick OR thin Gravy. Add water as per your preference, if you want to make it with some gravy then add more water and mash few guava pieces slightly .
You can also try these recipes-
Amrood ki khatti meethi sabji
- 3 medium Guava /amrood
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 2 tbsp Ghee or cooking oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- few curry leaves
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- pinch Pink Salt/ Kala Namak
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 TSP Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2.5 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Wash the guava and remove the hard seeds and then chop into medium size pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, when cumin become golden then add curry leaves, asafoetida and chopped green chilies.
- Add the chopped guava pieces and turmeric and stir to mix.
- Now add 3/4 cup water and salt , mix and cover and cook on low heat
- if you want to make it with gravy then add enough water to cover the guava pieces.
- when guava pieces become soft then add chili powder, coriander powder and sugar and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- You can mash it slightly if want to make it semi gravy.
- Now switch off the heat and add lemon juice and fresh coriander and mix.
- Serve hot amrood ki sabji with poori, paratha or daal chawal.