A dessert from the state of Bengal, made with cottage cheese and pineapple..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUSHAR!!!!
- Fresh milk -1 liter
- Sugar – 3 tblsp
- Pineapple Pieces – 3
- Pineapple Essence – 3 drops
- Lemon juice – 2tblsp
- Mint leaves – 6
- Red tutti frutti pieces – 6
- Boil the milk and remove the cream (malai) from it and boil once again
- In a cup, mix lemon juice with 2 tblsp of water.
- When the milk start boiling again, add the lemon juice mix and stir. If the milk does not start curdling, then add some more lemon juice to it.
- When the milk has curdled completely then pour it in a soft muslin cloth.
- Pour enough cold water to cool it down and remove the traces of lemon juice mixture.
- Hold the cloth tightly and squeeze well to remove all the water from it..
- Then take the curdled milk solids in a big plate and rub with your palms for 5-7 minutes to smoothen it.
- Add powdered sugar,1.5 tbsp finely chopped pineapple pieces and mix gently.
- Now heat a nonstick pan and add this mixture to it and cook on slow heat for 3 minutes.
- Take it out in the plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add pineapple essence and rub again with your palm for 3 minutes.
- Now grease your hands and make balls from the mixture .
- Flatten slightly from the top and garnish with 2,3 thin pieces of pineapple, mint leaves and tutti frutti or cherries.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve.
You can use ready made paneer and skip the steps- from1 to7