Palak and moong sprout paratha -Indian flat bread made with spinach puree and stuffed with bean sprouts and spices
Palak and Moong sprout paratha is a very healthy and filling recipe which can be served for lunch, dinner . It is alao a great recipe to pack in lunch box along with some curd and salad.
The dough is made with soy flour, flex seed powder along with wheat flour and spinach puree. I have added some mint in the puree to add a nice flavor and freshness to the paratha.
The filling of palak and moong sprout paratha is made with healthy home made moong bean sprout. You can replace moong sprout with any other sprout which you have at home. Some boiled mashed potatoes are added in the filling for taste and make it easy to fill in the paratha. You can replace potatoes with boiled banana or sweet potatoes.
ou may also like these delicious recipes-
- Milk Masala Powder
- Beetroot Raita
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Gajar Gobhi Shalgum ka Achar
- Punjabi kala Chana Masala
Palak and Moong Sprout Paratha
- 2.5 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/4 cup soy bean flour
- 3 tsp flex seeds powder
- 250 gm Spinach /palak
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 15 Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2.5 cup Bean sprouts/moong sprouts
- 2 Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Clean and remove the steams from spinach
- Boil 2 glasses of water in a pan, when it start boiling ,add spinach leaves.After a minute remove the spinach leaves from boiling water and refresh in cold water.
- Pressure cook moong sprouts with 1 cup water and 1/4 tsp turmeric for 1 whistle .take out the sprouts and keep aside the water (A)
- Take spinach, green chili and mint in the mixer jar and make a paste.
- In a big bowl add wheat flour. soya flour, flex powder, cumin seeds, salt and oil mix well and add spinach puree and make a soft dough , use the water (A) if required.
- Take sprouts in a bowl add boiled potatoes, grated ginger, mango powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt.
- Take a small ball from the dough, roll into a small disc, take equal portion of stuffing and keep in the Centre of the disc.
- Pull all the sides of the disc and close to make a ball again. Press it and dust in the dry flour and roll gently with a rolling pin
- Don’t press it hard while rolling otherwise the filling may come out from the paratha
- Then heat a griddle and grease it with little oil.and put the paratha over it
- Cook on medium flame till golden spot appears on one side, then turn the side.
- Drizzle 1 tsp oil or butter and press lightly with a spatula .turn the side and repeat the process on other side.
- Slice and serve hot with some curd , chutney or pickle