Palak and moong sprout paratha -Indian flat bread made with spinach puree and stuffed with bean sprouts and spices
preparation time-10 min
cooking time-10 min
- Wheat flour-2.5 cup
- Soya bean flour-1/4cup
- Flex seed meal -3 t s
- Spinach-250 gms
- Green chillies-3
- Mint leaves-15
- Cumin seeds-1 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Oil-2 tbls
- Moong sprouts-2.5 cup
- Boiled potato-2
- Grated ginger-1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Mango powder- 1/2 t.s
- Garam masala-1/2 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Clean and remove the steams from spinach.
- Boil 2 glasses of water in a pan, when it start boiling ,add spinach leaves
- After a minute remove the spinach leaves from boiling water and refresh in cold water.
- Pressure cook moong sprouts with 1 cup water and 1/4 t.s turmeric for 1 whistle .take out the sprouts and keep aside the water (A)
- Take spinach,green chilli and mint in the mixer jar and make a paste.
- In a big bowl add wheat flour.soya flour,flex powder,cumin seeds, salt and oil mix well and add spinach puree and make a soft dough.use the water (A) if required.
- Take sprouts in a bowl add boiled potatoes,grated ginger,mango powder,chilli powder,garam masala and salt.
- Take a small ball from the dough,roll into a small disc,take equal portion of stuffing and keep in the centre of the disc.
- Pull all the sides of the disc and close to make a ball again.
- Press it and dust in the dry flour and roll gently with a rolling pin
- Don’t press it hard while rolling otherwise the filling may come out from the paratha
- Then heat a griddle and grease it with little oil.and put the paratha over it
- Cook on meidum flame till golden spot appears on one side,then turn the side.
- Drizzle 1 t.s oil or butter and press lightly with a spatula .turn the side and repeat the process on other side.
- Slice and serve hot
Serving suggestions-best served with curd,pickle and chutney
Palak and Moong Sprout Paratha
Servings: 6 people
Anisha Ranjit says
This is a great recipe… so full of flavour and nutrition. Bookmarked hope to try soon.
Suja Manoj says
Colorful and healthy paratha.
First time here, you have a lovely space. Will add your blog to my blog roll so that I can keep up with your updates 🙂
Paratha looks delicious and I also loved your chai masala recipe that you had posted earlier. Would love to try it soon 🙂
Paratha looks soft, healthy and delicious….
So healthy and delicious parathas!
Gayathri NG says
Healthy greens paratha, looks so good…
Meg's Delicious Adventures says
love the green and healthy parathas.
– Meg'S Delicious Adventures
wow!! hEalthy paratha
Another great recipe! Lovely
Healthy & greeny paratha!!
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
Such a healthy paratha, awesome..
Very healthy n tasty parathas
Participate n Win Rs.1000/- worth Soulflower Gift Voucher Giveaway
really nutritious and delicious green parathas!
Wat a nutritious green parathas.
Spice up the Curry says
mouthwatering. full of nutrition parathas.
healthy colourful parathas.. power packed
wow! mouthwatering and nutritious paratha.
Mira’s Talent Gallery
OMG! This looks so yummy! I will try this one for sure!
Kaveri Venkatesh says
A nutrient packed parathas..perfect for lunch box
Purabi Naha says
Once again, wonderful! I love the colour and these parathas are so nutritious!
wow….super healthy paratha….
Nice and crispy..looks so inviting..
Healthy and yummy parathas
Vimitha Anand says
Very healthy paratha dear
Nice combo. Paratha looks healthy and yummy..
My Monthly Event – spotlight:Curries/Gravies".
Hi Maayeka ,
Looks very very soft and
green in colour:))
Healthy dish Mayekaa:)
Thanks for sharing:)
Keep on Maayeka..
like its color.. very healthy paratha..
very very healthy paratha. u used up full ingredients and it looks so yummy