★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Amla Ki Launji ,Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- 8 Indian Gooseberry /amla
- 5 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- Pressure cook the gooseberries/amla for 3 whistles.
- Remove the seeds and separate the segments.
- Chop ginger in long slices, and green chillies in big pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fenugreek and fennel seeds, and when it starts crackling add amla, ginger and green chillies.
- Saute for few minutes on low flame.
- Add all the spices and sugar and mix. Cover and cook on a low flame for 5-7 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Wait for the dish to cool down completely, and then store in a jar.