Mexican chili bean rice -A mildly spiced Mexican rice preparation with kidney beans and bell peppers
You can also try these healthy recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayekaYou can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Mexican Chilli Bean Rice
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 1 cup Kidney Beans / Rajma Boiled
- 1 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 1.5 tbsp Chopped pickled jalapeno-1.5 tbls
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya with steams-1 cup
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- Water / Paani
- 1.5 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras optional
- Chop jalapeno in small pieces and capsicum in cubes.(if you don’t have pickled jalapeno then chop medium hot green chillies and soak them in white vinegar for 4 hours,add little salt)
- Boil and grind the tomato to make puree.chop coriander( with its steam)
- Heat oil in a pan and add rice(don’t wash and soak the rice ,you can wipe with a moist cloth if you wish)saute for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped jalapeno and capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Now add boiled rajma (Soak and pressure cook rajma in salted water till done ,but not mushy) salt, oregano,chilli flakes and cumin powder and stir fry.
- Then add tomato puree.chopped coriander and hot water.
- Give it a boil and then lower the flame add lemon juice and cover and cook till done
- Gently stir 2-3 time in between.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
- Serving suggestion-serve with any juice or hot soup