Mexican chili bean rice -A mildly spiced Mexican rice preparation with kidney beans and bell peppers
Mexican chili bean rice- This popular Mexican rice is cooked with jalapeno,capsicum and kidney beans .Its a spicy preparation,you can also use cooked canned kidney beans to make this ,but I prefer to soak and cook myself.
I tweaked it slightly to suit my taste, which comes out well .You can reduce the amount of jalapeno if you want to make it milder and can also add red and yellow bell peppers,hope you will surely like this Mexican chili bean rice.
You can also try these healthy recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayekaYou can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Mexican Chilli Bean Rice
Mexican Rice- Mildly spiced kidney beans and bell pepper rice
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 1 cup Kidney Beans / Rajma Boiled
- 1 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 1.5 tbsp Chopped pickled jalapeno-1.5 tbls
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya with steams-1 cup
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- Water / Paani
- 1.5 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras optional
- Chop jalapeno in small pieces and capsicum in cubes.(if you don’t have pickled jalapeno then chop medium hot green chillies and soak them in white vinegar for 4 hours,add little salt)
- Boil and grind the tomato to make puree.chop coriander( with its steam)
- Heat oil in a pan and add rice(don’t wash and soak the rice ,you can wipe with a moist cloth if you wish)saute for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped jalapeno and capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Now add boiled rajma (Soak and pressure cook rajma in salted water till done ,but not mushy) salt, oregano,chilli flakes and cumin powder and stir fry.
- Then add tomato puree.chopped coriander and hot water.
- Give it a boil and then lower the flame add lemon juice and cover and cook till done
- Gently stir 2-3 time in between.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
- Serving suggestion-serve with any juice or hot soup
i want to eat this! i love rice!
Anshu Bhatnagar says
First time here..you share a beautiful space. glad to follow you!
Inviting you to mine,
Culinary Vibes says
yumm.. thanks for linking 🙂
Shobha Kamath says
Looks yummy this Chilly bean rice. I have noted the recipe as I have boiled rajma and will try it out out tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.
Meg's Delicious Adventures says
looks very tempting and delicious.
– Meg's Delicious Adventures
yummm….. looks perfect
Love this rice, looks superb..
lip smacking rice….yummy
My h's favorite..love it,made delicious!!
Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies
Spicy and yum rice.
Suja Manoj says
Love the flavor,healthy and tasty rice.
Spice up the Curry says
mouthwatering Mexican rice recipe… looks delicious
nutritous and yummy.
yummy and filling
Prathima Rao says
Delicious!! Cant stop salivating!!!
One great nutritious meal by itself.
Spicy and yummy..
Mouthwatering… Looks so good!
Very tasty and filling dish..
Delicious preparation and high in protein as well.
very flavorful.. like it..
Super flavourful and definitely a delicious rice.
Looks delicious. Sure would have tasted great.
Fat Chic Goes Slim says
I just love your recipes and whenever I prepare the dishes my husband loves them too. Thanks for sharing such wonderful recipes with us.
Mexican rice looks fabulous will definitely try it soon.
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Nice recipe…looks very good
Yum rice….I love the heat and sour taste of jalepenos 🙂
Tasty rice. Nice flavors.
this is just perfect! 🙂
very delicious rice..love this one totally
Very healthy and yummy rice.
My Monthly Event – Spotlight:Curries/Gravies".
this is different.. i have some boiled rajma, if i had seen this i would have made it but i already made lunch and have different plan with rajma hehe but next time yeah
jalapeno somehow i really dont like. looks more like olives to me which i dont like either but ur way makes itlook yummy
Hi Maayeka ,
Chilli bean rice looks delicious
Keeep on Maayeka:)))
one thing do for me Dear,
Drop one more comment on my post
Cabbage curry at Lavanya's recipe:)))
Thank you Maayeka ….