Mughlai Vegetable korma- Mix vegetables cooked in a mild and fragrant creamy sauce
Mughlai Vegetable Korma- famous Mughlai cuisine is developed in the royal kitchens of Mughal Emperors of Indian sub continent. Mughlai food is famous for its rich and creamy sauces ,which are exclusively made with nuts,cream, flavourful and exotic spices and itra(essence).
This cuisine is very famous especially in Uttar Pradesh and Hyderabad. This is strongly influenced by the Persian cuisine of Iran.There food is very rich in fat ,carbohydrates and proteins .Today I am posting a delicious vegetable korma recipe, hope you all will enjoy it!
Do Try These Delicious Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mughlai Vegetable Korma
- 1 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 cup Cauliflower /phool gobhi florets
- 1 cup French beans
- 1 medium Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 100 ml Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 cup Cashew pieces/ Kaju Tukda
- 1 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 5 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Shah jeera
- 3 green chilies Slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak Grated
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Rose Water / Gulab Jal
- 1/3 tsp Kewra Water/ Pandan leaf Extract
- Wash and chop all the vegetables in medium size pieces and beans in 1.5 inch long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry all the vegetables till allmost done.
- Soak cashews in lukewarm water for 20 minutes and grind to make a fine paste.
- Take 2 tbsp ghee in a pan then add all the whole spices and shah jeera.
- When it start crackling add slit green chilies and ginger,saute for few seconds.
- Now switch off the flame and add turmeric,chili powder and coriander powder.
- Add beaten yoghurt and switch on the flame.saute for a minute,keep stirring.
- Now add cashew paste and a cup of water,when it start boiling add fried vegetables and salt.
- Let it cook on low flame till oil start showing from the sides and top
- Add rose water, kewra and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with naan,paratha or with any Indian bread
Finding distinct recipes here, will definitely try them. Some of the links are not working 🙁
Nice one, made it last nite, everyone loved it!
Faseela Noushad says
finger licking recipe….
Korma looks really creamy and delicious. I always adore moghlai cuisine.I love richness in this cuisine,
Veena Theagarajan says
Creamy and yummy Kurma
Prathima Rao says
Creamy & delicious korma!!!
Super rich looking,tempting korma.
Subhie Arun says
Rich n creamy .. Must try one
wow…looks sooo rich n tempting curry… without using onion….
Rich and delicious gravy, looks very tempting..
Rani Acharyulu says
Always I love all your recipes….this yummy delicious recipe I am going to try tomorrow.
Sadaf Afshan says
I have been looking for a rich vegetable curry, suitable for parties. I will definitely try this one. Thanks for sharing.
Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj says
Eggless Sponge Cake
Join in my first event – FEAST FOR YOUR GURU
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
So rich and flavourful !
Meena B says
i wud try this one for sure
btw i do make ur dal maharani dish often makes a nice change than regular dal
rich and creamy..
@Meena seedha deep fry karna hai,but you can also shallow fry them instead of deep frying.
Meena B says
looks really lovely
how much oil toput anjana
u said deep fry so seedha fry kar dene ka ya stir fry karne ka hai
Join my first event — Be My guest
rava idli– a guest post
Rich and delicious korma.. Very flavorful and tempting..