Mughlai Vegetable korma- Mix vegetables cooked in a mild and fragrant creamy sauce
Mughlai Vegetable Korma- famous Mughlai cuisine is developed in the royal kitchens of Mughal Emperors of Indian sub continent. Mughlai food is famous for its rich and creamy sauces ,which are exclusively made with nuts,cream, flavourful and exotic spices and itra(essence).
This cuisine is very famous especially in Uttar Pradesh and Hyderabad. This is strongly influenced by the Persian cuisine of Iran.There food is very rich in fat ,carbohydrates and proteins .Today I am posting a delicious vegetable korma recipe, hope you all will enjoy it!
Do Try These Delicious Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mughlai Vegetable Korma
- 1 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 cup Cauliflower /phool gobhi florets
- 1 cup French beans
- 1 medium Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 100 ml Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 cup Cashew pieces/ Kaju Tukda
- 1 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 5 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Shah jeera
- 3 green chilies Slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak Grated
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Rose Water / Gulab Jal
- 1/3 tsp Kewra Water/ Pandan leaf Extract
- Wash and chop all the vegetables in medium size pieces and beans in 1.5 inch long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry all the vegetables till allmost done.
- Soak cashews in lukewarm water for 20 minutes and grind to make a fine paste.
- Take 2 tbsp ghee in a pan then add all the whole spices and shah jeera.
- When it start crackling add slit green chilies and ginger,saute for few seconds.
- Now switch off the flame and add turmeric,chili powder and coriander powder.
- Add beaten yoghurt and switch on the flame.saute for a minute,keep stirring.
- Now add cashew paste and a cup of water,when it start boiling add fried vegetables and salt.
- Let it cook on low flame till oil start showing from the sides and top
- Add rose water, kewra and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with naan,paratha or with any Indian bread