Bread Poha- a quick breakfast recipe to use your left over bread
Bread Poha- My today’s recipe is very simple and quick.A nice way to use your left over bread to make a quick fix snack.You need just a few ingredients to make this and a filling breakfast or tiffin for your kids is ready to pack.I have added some buttermilk to soften it,but you can also sprinkle some water or avoid both if you want to make it crisp.
You can also try this delicious Aloo Poha recipe
You can also try these delicious snack and savory
- Poha Chivda Namkeen
- Tikoni Khaja Mathri
- Pinwheel Samosa
- Amchoor ki Saunth chutney
- Anjeer Ki Barfi
- Instant Kalakand
- Pista Barfi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Bread Poha Recipe
- 4 Bread slices
- 1.5 tbsp Butter milk optional
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 Lemon
- To Taste Salt-to taste
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander chopped
- 5 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 8 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- Cut bread slices in medium size cubes.
- Arrange in a plate and sprinkle some buttermilk or water to slightly moisten them(this step is optional)
- Now sprinkle salt,chili powder and lemon juice over the pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds ,when seeds start crackling add chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Now add chopped tomato and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and bread cubes and mix gently.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and mix
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
1-you can also add some finely chopped mix vegetables at step 5 and saute for a while then add tomato.
2-Can use water instead of buttermilk.