Lachcha Paratha- Crispy, flaky and multi layered wheat flour Indian bread
Lachcha Paratha or parotta is the popular bread of India specially from North India and Punjab. Parathas are made in many ways and varieties but this lachcha paratha is very popular due to its crispiness and flakiness, its little tricky to make but not difficult at all.This can be enjoyed with any spicy gravy curry or bean curry. It can be made either with wheat flour or refined flour or with the mix of both.
First make a semi soft dough with wheat flour or a mix of wheat flour and refined flour.Then make equal size balls from the dough and then roll like the pics below. THen put on medium hot tawa and dry roast from both the sides . Then apply some ghee or oil on both side and roast from both the sides till golden spots appears on the paratha. remove from the griddle and serve hot with any curry of your choice.
Follow these steps to make lachcha paratha-
You can also try these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
How To Make Lachcha Paratha
Lachcha Paratha-Crispy, flaky and multi layered wheat flour Indian bread
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cup Wheat Flour/aata
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Salt
- Enough oil To Shallow fry
- Take a big and deep vessel and add flour,oil and salt. Mix everything very well.
- Add water to make a medium soft dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now make medium size ball from the dough
- Dust the dough ball and roll to make a medium thick roti/disc
- In a small bowl take 3 tbsp of cooking oil and add 2 tbsp of flour and mix well.
- Now apply 1.5 tsp of this oil and flour mixture over the rolled roti /disc.
- Fold the roti the way we make a paper fan or pleat a saree.
- When completely folded, slightly stretch the folded dough and pull it lengthwise to give it a slight stretch.
- Now roll it to make a circle.
- Dust it with some dry flour and roll it gently to make paratha of medium thickness ,don’t roll it too thin,it should be medium thick
- Now put the rolled paratha on a medium hot tawa/griddle and cook for a minute.
- turn the side and cook till few brown spot appears on it.. Apply some oil or ghee all over the paratha and flip the side.
- Press paratha with a spatula and cook till it become golden in colour.. Repeat the same process with other side too.
- Remove from the tawa/griddle and crush it slightly from the sides with your hands or use a cloth
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice.
Instead of wheat flour/atta you can also use refined flour/maida or multi grain flour to make this as malabar paratha.
Anita Duggal says
It's really easy to make paratha.
Restaurants in Gurgaon
Briju Parthasarathy says
Lovely parantha. Layers are so clear
Priya Suresh says
Very flaky and beautiful paratha.
Yummy paratha and nice clicks…