Lachcha Paratha- Crispy, flaky and multi layered wheat flour Indian bread
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
How To Make Lachcha Paratha
- 3 cup Wheat Flour/aata
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Salt
- Enough oil To Shallow fry
- Take a big and deep vessel and add flour,oil and salt. Mix everything very well.
- Add water to make a medium soft dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now make medium size ball from the dough
- Dust the dough ball and roll to make a medium thick roti/disc
- In a small bowl take 3 tbsp of cooking oil and add 2 tbsp of flour and mix well.
- Now apply 1.5 tsp of this oil and flour mixture over the rolled roti /disc.
- Fold the roti the way we make a paper fan or pleat a saree.
- When completely folded, slightly stretch the folded dough and pull it lengthwise to give it a slight stretch.
- Now roll it to make a circle.
- Dust it with some dry flour and roll it gently to make paratha of medium thickness ,don’t roll it too thin,it should be medium thick
- Now put the rolled paratha on a medium hot tawa/griddle and cook for a minute.
- turn the side and cook till few brown spot appears on it.. Apply some oil or ghee all over the paratha and flip the side.
- Press paratha with a spatula and cook till it become golden in colour.. Repeat the same process with other side too.
- Remove from the tawa/griddle and crush it slightly from the sides with your hands or use a cloth
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice.