Walnut Barfi- Healthy delicious walnut fudge
Walnut barfi is a healthy delicious and quite easy to make sweet. As Diwali is after 2 days everyone is busy gearing up for Diwali decoration and making delicious recipes. I have also made few sweet and savory items for family and to welcome my friends and relatives
I was so tired after making sweets ,savory ,date chutney ,green chutney and so many small little things that I decided that I have done enough and now will not make anything more, But tempted to try this walnut barfi yesterday evening. It turn out awesome and kids just loved it and half batch was finish in just tasting 🙂
Walnuts are very good for health. They are heart healthy as they can help to reduce the level of LDL Cholesterol and lower the chance to a blood clot that can cause heart attack.Walnuts also improve brain function. They are rich in anti oxidants and omega 3. Promotes healthy gut and reduces the chance of some types of cancer. Walnuts support weight control , mange type 2 diabetes and lower High Blood pressure.
For making walnut barfi you need just 3 ingredients- Khoya ,walnuts and sugar . I made khoya with milk powder but you can buy from the market if you don’t want to make khoya at home. The recipe is simple just need to be stirred for quite some time.
You may be interested in these delicious recipes to try for Diwali-
- Bedmi Poori
- Dahi vada
- Raj Kachori
- Kaju Gulkand Ladoo
- Paneer Ki Kheer
- Pudina Aloo Chat
- Matar Paneer Kachori
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Wanut Barfi, Akhrot ki Barfi
- 250 gms Khoya/Mawa/solidified milk
- 250 gms Walnuts / Akhrot
- 250 gms Sugar / Chini
- 1 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 2 tsp Coco Powder optional
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 10 Pistachio / Pista
- 6 Almond
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- Coarsely grind the walnuts in a chopper or food processor. don't make fine powder.
- In a non stick pan take 3 tbsp ghee and add the crushed walnuts and roast on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add milk and cook till it thickens slightly.
- Now add the grated khoya and cook till the khoya melts and got mixed with the walnuts mixture.
- Now add sugar and coco powder and cook on medium heat.
- Keep stirring continuously else it may stick and burn at the bottom.
- When the mixture thickens and start leaving the sides of the pan then add cardamom powder.
- Grease a metal or glass plate and pour the prepared barfi in the plate and smooth out the surface it with a spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed pista And almond on top and press gently.
- Let it cool down for 1/2 hour and then cut into squares.
- When It cools down completely then store in a box.
- Stays well for a week at room temperature.