Capsicum Rice- A easy ,quick and delicious rice preparation made with cooked rice and bell peppers
Capsicum Rice is a very easy and delicious rice recipe. This capsicum rice can also be made by using left over rice. You can make it for main course or pack in lunch boxes. It can be made in just 15 minutes if you have already cooked steamed rice or left over rice.If you don’t have leftover rice then make rice you normally make and then spread in a plate to cool down. When the rice come to room temperature then use it to make capsicum rice.
I have used tri colour bell peppers but you can make it with any kind of pepper available at home. It is mild and delicious and a complete meal so you don’t need any side dishes with it. If you want you can serve some raita ,yogurt ,chutney and papad with it.
You can add some vangi bhath masala or sambhar masala in it to make it more flavorful. If making for kids then you can make it plain simple with just a dash of lemon juice in it. It taste awesome either ways. You can also add some cashew and peanuts in the tempering if your kids like having nuts in their pulao.
You can also try these recipes-
- Mumbai Pav Bhaji ,
- Mumbai Vada Pav ,
- Punjabi Aloo Samosa
- Sambhar Sadam
- Tuvar Daal Khichdi
- Peanut Chutney
- Ram Ladoo
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Capsicum Rice, Capsicum Pulao
- 2.5 cup Cooked Rice/ Steamed Rice
- 1.5 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp vangi bhath masala
- 3/4 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder optional
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch Chopped
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1.5 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1/3 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin,cardamom, cinnamon,cashew and roast till cumin start crackling.
- Now add chopped green chilies , curry leaves and stir few few seconds.
- Add chopped ginger and turmeric powder and stir then add the chopped bell peppers.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt and the rest of the spices and saute for a minute.
- Add rice ,mint leaves and mix gently , cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid add lemon juice and chopped mint, fresh coriander and mix.
- Serve hot with raita ,curd or mint chutney