Bajra Dhebra- Delicious healthy pooris made with millet ,flour ,kasoori methi and spices
Bajra Dhebra is a Delicious winter specialty from Gujarat. It is usually served as a snack or breakfast . It is also a good recipe to carry along while travelling as it stay well for 3-4 days at room temperature.
These Bajra dhebra can be made like small poori or can be rolled and made like thin thepla or paratha. If want to make like poori then you have to deep fry them and if you are making thepla then shallow fry with less oil . It depend on individual choice , both ways it taste awesome. If fresh methi is available then do use the fresh chopped methi leaves else you can add kasoori methi also.
Addition of yogurt is optional. You can add lemon juice for a vegan version or skip both. The ratio of flour used can be adjusted according to your preference and availability. Can also add some jawar and besan in it along with bajra and wheat flour.
You can also check these recipes-
- Hara Bhara Kabab
- Khaman Dhokla
- Choraphali Recipe
- Sarson da Saag
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Mysore Paak
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates.
- 1 Cup Pearl millet flour /Bajra aata
- 1/3 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1/2 Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/4 cup Jawar ka atta/sorghum flour optional
- 1/2 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 1/4 cup Yogurt/Curd check note
- 1 tbsp Green chilies/Hari Mirch paste
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 White sesame seeds /til
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tbsp Jaggary/ Gur optional
- In a bowl add beaten yogurt ,grated jaggary and 2 tbsp water and mix well till the jaggary dissolve well.
- Take a big wide bowl and add all the flours and spices and mix well.
- Now add oil and the yogurt mix and mix to make a semi soft dough.
- You can add water if needed to make the dough
- Make equal size balls from the dough and keep aside.
- Roll to make small and thick poori from the balls.
- You can either roll them with the rolling pin or use two polythene sheets and put the ball between them and then roll the poori.
- OR just pat with fingers and make poori, Do what ever method suits you , but roll them thicker then the normal poori.
- Heat oil in a deep wide pan and deep fry these pooris/ dhebra on medium-low heat till they turn nice golden in colour.
- Drain in a paper napkin when done to absorb the extra oil.
- You can easily store these for 3-4 days on room temperature.
- Serve hot bajra dhebra/ vada with aloo sabzi ,curd ,pickle ,chutney and a cup of masala chai.