Orange cupcakes -Egg-less moist and delicious orange cupcakes
- Refined Flour – 1.5 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Refined Oil – 1/3 cup
- Orange Juice – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 t.s
- Baking Soda – 1 t.s
- Orange Zest – 1 t.s
- Salt – a pinch
- Orange Food Colour – 3 drops(optional)
- Milk – 2 t.s
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Mix and sift together refined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl add orange juice, sugar and oil, and mix well. Now add the orange zest and mix.
- Add half of the flour mixture (made in step 2) in the juice mixture (made in step 3), mix well,and then add the remaining half of the flour mixture and mix very gently.
- Make a smooth mixture of dripping consistency – add milk only if needed.
- Line the muffin tray with paper liners.
- Fill the mixture in the paper liners till 3/4 depth of the cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick, when pricked in the cupcake, comes out clean.
- When done, remove from the oven after 5 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and Enjoy!
BUTTER ICING –
- Margarine – 20 gms
- Icing Sugar-80 gms
- Orange Food Colour – few drops
- Milk – 1 t.s (if required)
- Take margarine and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk well till soft and fluffy.
- Add orange colour and mix again – add milk only if required.
- Fill the mix in a piping bag and squeeze out to make patterns of your choice.