- Carrots-1/2 kg
- Green chilies-100 gms
- Dried red chilies-15
- Refined oil-1 cup
- White vinegar-1 cup
- Sugar-1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds-3 tsp
- Cumin seeds-3 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp
- Ginger-30 gm
- Salt-30 gms
- Wash and scrap carrots and then chop into batons.
- Peel and chop ginger into small pieces and green chilies in medium size pieces
- Take a mixer jar add ginger,cumin,mustard ,dried red chilies ,fenugreek and 3/4 cup vinegar and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and then add the ground paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for 4-5 minutes on medium heat ,keep stirring
- Add salt ,sugar ,chopped green chilies and the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar and cook again for 3-4 minutes till the gravy become thick.
- Remove from fire and let it cool down completely.
- Store in a sterilized jar and enjoy with roti or rice
It will easily stay fresh for minimum 2-3 months at room temperature .