How to Make the Stuffing For Gobhi Paratha-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Gobhi ka Paratha , Cauliflower Flatbread
To make the dough
- 2.5 Cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- To taste Salt / Namak
- pinch of Carom Seeds / Ajwain optional
- 3 cup Cauliflower /phool gobhi grated
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak optional
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- to shallow fry Cooking oil or ghee
- Remove the steams and leaves from the whole cauliflower and wash it.
- Now soak the flower in warm salted water for 10 mins(to remove the germs if any).
- wipe with a napkin to absorb extra water and Then grate it with your vegetable grater or use your vegetable chopper .
- Heat 2 tbls oil in a non stick pan, then add cumin, ginger and chopped green chilies. Saute for few seconds
- Then add the grated cauliflower, all the spices, mix well and saute for 2-3 mins. Remove and allow to cool completely. Finally add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Take the flour in a wide bowl, add salt ,ajwain and the oil and mix well.
- Now add just enough water and knead to make a soft dough. cover and keep aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into the size of ping pong balls.
- Take a dough ball ,roll it slightly about 3 inch disc and then Place about 3 tablespoon of the stuffing in the middle and pull and close again from all sides to make a ball.
- Dust the stuffed ball with dry flour and roll out slowly to make a paratha of medium thickness.(don't press too hard while rolling otherwise the filling may come out from the paratha)
- Place the rolled paratha on medium hot tawa and dry roast from both the sides.
- Now apply about 1.5-2 tsp of oil or ghee on the paratha and cook it by slightly pressing with a spatula and when it turn golden then flip the side and repeat the process so it become golden and crisp from both the sides.
- When done remove from the griddle and serve hot.
- Can apply some butter or ghee before serving.
- serving suggestion- best served with pickle and yogurt