Kabuli chana chat – A healthy and delicious chick peas and mix fruit chat
Kabuli chana chaat is a very healthy ,colorful and delicious mix fruit salad or chaat. It is a very good source of natural fiber,minerals,vitamins and all the nutrition needed for the body. A diet consist of all the colorful veggies and fruits can help to prevent High Blood Pressure and good for Heart health. It also prevents some kinds of Cancer, very good for digestion.
You can add as many raw vegetables and fruits of different colors as you can. Specially during summer it’s a good idea to have a healthy salad for your meal. Fiber rich diet makes us full soon so we never tend to overeat. This helps to keep our weight in control.
I have added boiled chick peas but if you are short of time then you can use tinned chick peas in it..Instead of kabuli chana you can use boiled kala chana too. I have added my favorite fruits and vegetables but you can add pineapple , kiwi, pear, strawberry ,apple ,grapes ,melon,papaya or add any fruit of your choice. For the dressing you can add parsley,oregano or thyme instead of mint leaves.
The dressing I have add is very delicious ,healthy and mildly spiced and added a tangy flavor to the salad/ chaat. Try this chana chaat once you will be making it regularly.
Do try these salad/chaat recipes –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kabuli Chana Chat /Chick Pea Salad
- 1 cup Chick Peas/ Kabuli Chana boiled
- 1/2 cup Pineapple / Annanas chopped
- 3 tbsp Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam chopped
- 3 tbsp corn kernels boiled
- 1/2 cup Cucumber / Kheera / Kakdi chopped
- 1/4 cup Tofu or cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate pearls /Anar ka dana
- 3 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1/4 cup Fried potato cubes optional
- 12 Mint leaves
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 1.5 tsp Honey
- 2.5 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/3 tsp Black salt
- 1/2 tsp Chat masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Chop and crush mint leaves and take in a bowl then add all the ingredients of dressing and mix well.
- Add all the fruits and vegetables in a big bowl.
- Mix in the dressing and chili for 1/2 hour.then serve.
- serving suggestions-serve as a salad, snack, starter or chat.