Hyderabadi Masala Bhindi
Servings: 4 people
- 250 grams okra /bhindi
- 4 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2.5 tbsp Fresh Coconut, Grated
- 1.5 tsp Tamarind / Imli
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Spices to grind
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Whole coriander seeds/ Sabut Dhaniya
- 1 tsp sesame seeds /til
- Dry roast all the-spices to grind- in a pan on low heat till slightly roasted.
- Grind in a mixer jar and make a fine powder(A)
- Blanch tomatoes and grind to make puree.
- Trim the ends and slit okra lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the okra pieces on high flame and drain on a tissue paper (or just shallow fry on high flame)and drain on a tissue paper
- Take a pan add 2 tbls oil and add tomato puree.
- Add turmeric ,chilli powder,salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut, 3 t.s ground masala(A), tamarind pulp and mix .
- Now add fried okra and mix ,cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve
serving suggestions-serve as a side dish with any meal.