Hyderabadi masala bhindi – Crisp and spicy okra, stir fried with coconut and Indian spice.
Hyderabadi Masala Bhindi is a very nice, flavorful Okra recipe. The okra is sliced and fried in hot oil. Then few spices are roasted and grind to make a flavorful spice blend. Tomatoes are grind into a paste and then are added in the tempering and stir fried.
Then coconut, tamarind pulp ,the spice mix is added and cooked for few minutes. Then the fried okra slices are added in the prepared masala mixture. Cooked for 2-3 minutes and the masala Bhindi is ready to serve with rice and roti’s.
Do try these Delicious Recipes-
- Achari Gobhi
- Guvar Phali Ki Sabzi
- Valor Muthiya Ki Sabzi
- Lucknawi Daal
- Matar Mushroom Pulao
- Rajkot Chutney
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Hyderabadi Masala Bhindi
Crisp and spicy okra, stir fried with coconut and indian spices.
Servings: 4 people
- 250 grams okra /bhindi
- 4 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2.5 tbsp Fresh Coconut, Grated
- 1.5 tsp Tamarind / Imli
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Spices to grind
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Whole coriander seeds/ Sabut Dhaniya
- 1 tsp sesame seeds /til
- Dry roast all the-spices to grind- in a pan on low heat till slightly roasted.
- Grind in a mixer jar and make a fine powder(A)
- Blanch tomatoes and grind to make puree.
- Trim the ends and slit okra lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the okra pieces on high flame and drain on a tissue paper (or just shallow fry on high flame)and drain on a tissue paper
- Take a pan add 2 tbls oil and add tomato puree.
- Add turmeric ,chilli powder,salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut, 3 t.s ground masala(A), tamarind pulp and mix .
- Now add fried okra and mix ,cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve
serving suggestions-serve as a side dish with any meal.
Aruna Mahesh says
This recipe is a keeper. my colleagues enjoyed it immensely.
very different from usual. thanks
so tempting okra masala……..
The bhindi masala looks delicious, yumm..
This looks Wonderful, Bookmarked it… First time at your space Anjana Ji.. I remember those early wed days… Love your idea of Maayeka!
Good to know you..:-)
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Love this recipe! I've been meaning to learn new okra recipes for a long time. This dish looks just like what I was looking for!
Thank you for sharing it on RecipeNewZ! I hope you return and contribute more of your delicious recipes 🙂
Suja Manoj says
I also posted an okra recipe this time…yours look awesome…love the photo 🙂
Aruna Manikandan says
looks delicious and very tempting 🙂
wow yummy dear…very inviting click
Poonam Borkar says
looks super tempting!!
I have never added Tamarind in Okra.. I cant help but feel that taste inside my mouth now.. Sour Okra would be a great shift from the usual one.. Thanks for sharing this recipe Anjana..
spicy n yummy looking bhendi masala…looks more tempting…bookmarking to try !!
Beautiful Bhindi Curry
Wow… gorgeous pic!
Serve It – Preserved
Good one and looks super !
the masala gives the bhindi such a nice flavor!
Hamaree Rasoi says
I just had dinner and your clicks are tempting me :-)very nice click
wow..tempting me really.i luv okra
Lovely picture. And it sure looks tasty.
Spice up the Curry says
looks awesome. mouthwatering
Wow looks really tempting!
Wow yummy okra masala…