Hyderabadi masala bhindi – Crisp and spicy okra, stir fried with coconut and Indian spice
Hyderabadi Masala Bhindi is a very nice, flavorful Okra recipe. The okra is sliced and fried in hot oil. Then few spices are roasted and grind to make a flavorful spice blend. Tomatoes are grind into a paste and then are added in the tempering and stir fried.
Then coconut, tamrind pulp ,the spice mix is added and cooked for few minutes. Then the fried okra slices are added in the prepared masala mixture. Cooked for 2-3 minutes and the masala Bhindi is ready to serve with rice and roti’s.
Do try these Delicious Recipes-
- Achari Gobhi
- Guvar Phali Ki Sabzi
- Valor Muthiya Ki Sabzi
- Lucknawi Daal
- Matar Mushroom Pulao
- Rajkot Chutney
Hyderabadi Masala Bhindi
- 250 grams okra /bhindi
- 4 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2.5 tbsp Fresh Coconut, Grated
- 1.5 tsp Tamarind / Imli
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Spices to grind
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Whole coriander seeds/ Sabut Dhaniya
- 1 tsp sesame seeds /til
- Dry roast all the-spices to grind- in a pan on low heat till slightly roasted.
- Grind in a mixer jar and make a fine powder(A)
- Blanch tomatoes and grind to make puree.
- Trim the ends and slit okra lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the okra pieces on high flame and drain on a tissue paper (or just shallow fry on high flame)and drain on a tissue paper
- Take a pan add 2 tbls oil and add tomato puree.
- Add turmeric ,chilli powder,salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut, 3 t.s ground masala(A), tamarind pulp and mix .
- Now add fried okra and mix ,cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve