Kharbooj ki sabzi -Rock melon cooked with Indian spices
Kharbooj Ki Sabzi- Sweet melon comes in different shapes and colors but they all have two things in common-a soft and juicy pulp and superb taste,so its hard to say no to melons but what will you do if the melon you brought turned out to be a raw and tasteless melon…this happens with me last week
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kharbooj ki Sabzi
- 2 cup Kharbooj, Rock Melon chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Green Chili
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander
- 1.5 tsp Ghee or oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- Peel Melon and remove the seeds and chop the melon in medium size pieces.
- Chop ginger,green chilies and fresh coriander.
- Heat ghee in a pan,add cumin seeds .When seeds start crackling add green chilies and turmeric.
- Add chopped melon pieces and salt ,mix well.
- Then add chili flakes and ginger ,mix and cover and cook till done.
- Now add sugar,lemon juice ,cook for a minute
- Add fresh coriander and serve.
- Serving suggestions-best with poori's and paratha's