Palak corn curry -A healthy and delicious curry made with spinach and corn
Palak corn curry is a very delicious curry from Punjabi cuisine. It is quite easy to make . You don’t need much ingredients to make this healthy Makai palak curry. Some spinach, corn kernels, tomato and few basic spices are needed and you can make it easily.
For making palak corn/ spinach corn curry you have to wash and blanch the spinach leaves. Then add spinach in cold water to stop cooking it further. This method also helps to retain the bright green color of the spinach.
After blanching grind spinach and then grind tomato ,green chilies and ginger . Hear ghee or oil in a pan and hen add tomato paste and stir fry till it start leaving the sides , add spinach, corn ,spices and cook further.
You can make it richer and creamier by adding cream in it. This delicious curry can be served with jeera rice, pulao ,steamed rice or roti.
Do Try These Delicious Rice Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Palak Corn Curry / Makai Palak
- 2 bunch Spinach leaves/ palak patta 500 gm
- 2 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana boiled
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 4 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- to taste Salt / Namak
- pinch Sugar / Chini
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream optional
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3 Green cardamom
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- Trim the hard and thick stems of spinach and wash it well.
- Heat enough water in a pan and add 1/3 tsp of sugar in it.
- When water start boiling add the spinach leaves and cook for around 30 seconds .
- Now remove the leaves from the pan and immedietely add in a bowl of ice cold water(to retain the bright green colour)
- Grind the spinach leaves and make a smooth puree.
- Grind together tomato,green chilies and ginger and make a paste.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add cumin seeds,cardamom,cloves,cinnamon and bay leaves.
- When cumin become golden then add the tomato puree and turmeric powder.
- Saute till tomato puree start leaving the oil.
- Now add spinach puree,crushed kasoori methi and boiled corn and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add salt,sugar,garam masala and fresh cream and simmer for a minute.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-serve with jeera rice,chapati or pooris.
1-Can replace fresh cream with 1/2 cup of fresh milk
2-Can use 1/2 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves instead of kasoori methi.