Achari Gobhi- Tangy delicious Stir fried Cauliflower cooked with pickle spices
Achari Gobhi- Cauliflower is among the best vegetable available during winter season . Though it is now available through out the year but the seasonal vegetable always taste the best . It is a delicious and healthy vegetable which can be used to make so many different delicious recipes.
Me and every one in my family loves cauliflower in every form. .So Gobhi is used and enjoyed through out the winter season in various recipes.
This Achari gobhi is a flavourful and delicious preparation and quite easy to make. Achar is hindi word for pickle so all the pickling spices are used in this stir fry to give the flavour and taste of achar in the gobhi stir fry. You can blanch,deep fry ,steam or stir fry the cauliflower before adding in the tempering .
You can also directly add the washed cauliflower in the tempering ,the cooking time very on the method you choose.Do try this stir fry this season and you will surely love this .
Do try these delicious gobhi recipes-
- Gobhi Paratha
- Aloo Gobhi sabzi
- Gobhi Pakora
- Gobhi Matar Ka Keema
- Gobhi Gajar ka Achar
- Dhaba style Aloo Gobhi ki sabzI
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 650 gms Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch sliced
- 1.5 tsp lemon
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
pickle spices for tempering
- 5 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1/4 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 1/3 Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Take all the pickle spices- cumin,coriander,mustard,fennel, fenugreek in a mortar and pestle and crush them coarsely.
- Wash and chop cauliflower into medium size florets and soak them in warm turmeric water for 10 minutes and then drain and wash well.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and when the oil come to smoking point ,let it cool down slightly else the spices will burn at that temperature.
- Now add the crushed spices, grated ginger and green chilies and saute.
- Add turmeric powder and the cauliflower florets ,saute for a minute on medium heat.
- Add salt and mix and now cover with a lid and cook on medium heat till half done.
- Now add the beaten yogurt and the ready made pickle masala and mix and cook uncovered on low heat till the cauliflower get cooked completely (CHECK NOTES)
- Now add lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix gently.
- Serve it hot with any bread or rice or just as a starter.
- If you don't have ready made pickle masala then can use the leftover masala from your pickle jar ,i.e-mango ,chili or mix pickle
- VEGAN- if you are vegan then use 1/2 cup thick tomato puree instead of yogurt.